ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 Days rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soyerlife

90 Days rule

Post by soyerlife » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:38 pm

Hello Everyone.

I am due to submit a naturalization application but I got one query .

In the last year I stayed outside the UK for 150days as I couldn't find a return ticket during the omicron variant. However I did Work from home all that time .it was not a holiday . I have pay slips and rent was paid every month .

Cam home office grant the citizenship of I submitt the above ? It was out of my control .

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 90 Days rule

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:50 pm

soyerlife wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:38 pm
Hello Everyone.

I am due to submit a naturalization application but I got one query .

In the last year I stayed outside the UK for 150days as I couldn't find a return ticket during the omicron variant. However I did Work from home all that time .it was not a holiday . I have pay slips and rent was paid every month .

Cam home office grant the citizenship of I submitt the above ? It was out of my control .
Not sure why you don't want to wait till when you're within the limits and apply. It's a lot of money you willing want to throw away!
150 days is a lot of time out of the country. During the Omicron variant, the world wasn't shutdown. You'd have to be on life support for the story to fly.

Working remotely doesn't cut it, the requirement is to be present on UK soil, not to work. Work has no effect on your application.

Naturalization is not a right but a privilege.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

magicsign
Italy

Re: 90 Days rule

Post by magicsign » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:26 pm

Definitely wait until you get to 98 (up to 100 are normally disregarded) days at least, gives yourself always a tolerance of min 2days. Over 100 it goes straight to discretion so it's not worth risking it