ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon Appointment-ILR-Is dependents also included ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

contactnsm
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon Appointment-ILR-Is dependents also included ?

Post by contactnsm » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Please can any forum members take a look and advice ?

I called PEO croydon and booked an appointment for ILR in Jan 2009-for me and my dependent. Got a Booking Reference. The Customer Care member on phone asked me the following details while booking an appoitment.

1) All my details etc
2) Do i have any dependents ?
3) If yes, how many dependents ?

However she did not ask me about any details about the dependent .

My Query is

1) Is the dependent also covered in the same appointment /Booking Reference ?
2) Do dependents compulsory need to accompany me when i go to PEO?
3) Can a dependent accompany me when i go to PEO or will they ?
4) At the time of appointment booking, no details were asked about dependents. Is this fine ?

Thanks for looking into this ?
I called up PEO again to ask these queries but after 15 mins on 0870 number, still busy so hung up..
:twisted:

Thanks alot

uishah
Newly Registered

Are depandants reqd to accompany -ILR application in person

Post by uishah » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Hello,

I would like to get clarification on the following:

- Are dependants required to accompany for an ILR application ( 1+3+1 = 5 years on HSMP visa) with me in a PEO?

I have two small kids( 2years and 5years) and my wife

When I asked the above to the person making an appointment in person for a PEO I was advised to bring them along and when I phoned again I was advised that I am not required to bring them as it is mentioned no where that depandants have to be brought for ILR- Set(0) HSMP?

- It is stated in the SET (O) guidance note that the premium service of applying in person is not available for applications as a businessperson, innovator, investor, self-employed lawyer, Tier 1 migrant or Tier 2 migrant . ( It does not include HSMP)

However in the link in the Ukba wesbite it is stated
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

The offices cannot consider your application if you are:

a person with exceptional leave to remain;
a person with discretionary leave to remain or who has been given humanitarian protection;
applying for permanent residence on the basis of 14 years' residence;
applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme; ( this is not stating for ILR)
a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor (form BUS)
a seaman;
a Gurkha; or
an elderly dependant.

Specific schemes

The officers cannot consider applications for the following schemes:

(Croydon only) science and engineering graduate scheme - form SEGS;
fresh talent: working in Scotland scheme - form FT:WISS;
international graduate scheme - form IGS; or
highly skilled migrant programme - form SET (0). [/b] ( This states for ILR)
The offices cannot consider any cases that are not covered by the immigration rules, are complex or made by someone who has a poor immigration history. These applications must be posted to the address given on the application form

Please advise as whther I should go to the PEO office to get my ILR extension even after they have given me an appoint though the above link states that a HSMP - ILR set(o) application will not be considered for in person ?

Hoping to hear from someone very soon,

Thanks,
uishah

uishah
Newly Registered

Please see th replies

Post by uishah » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:04 pm

My Query is

1) Is the dependent also covered in the same appointment /Booking Reference ?

Yes they are covered

2) Do dependents compulsory need to accompany me when i go to PEO?

I have posted a similar question though I was advised that I do not need to bring them by one advsior but was advised by anoyther to bring.

3) Can a dependent accompany me when i go to PEO or will they ?

Same reply as two above.

Please also note that in the link it is stated:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... available/

The public enquiry offices are for personal applicants only but will, in exceptional circumstances, accept applications made on behalf of someone else. You can make an application for someone else if you are his/her husband, wife, sister, brother, parent or legal guardian. You must carry a letter of authorisation signed by the applicant.

4) At the time of appointment booking, no details were asked about dependents. Is this fine ?

Yes it is fine.

contactnsm
Newly Registered

Post by contactnsm » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:54 pm

I am applying for ILR in person at PEO as I will be completing 4 years 11 months 4 days on 12 -Jan-2009 (WP 3.5 years + HSMP 1.5 years). Initially i was in a dilemma whether my wife has to accompany me or not when i go for ILR . As i got conflicting views from PEO customer care on this issue, My wife has decided that she would accompany me for ILR to avoid any confusion.

I also enquired with a common friend who has applied for ILR recently and he has confirmed that even though while booking the appointment at PEO, the customer care guy said that the appointment is for 1 person , his wife had accompanied him and both got their ILR.

All the best!

peter786

Post by peter786 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi all
I am also applying for ILR 5yrs HSMP and have booked an appointment in jan 2009,
The advisor has booked an appointment and clearly told me not to bring dependants only bring there passports and other documents.
Kindly post ypur experience in the PEO croydon,it will be helpful for all of us.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:07 pm

AFAIR, isn't there a special type of appointment to bring dependants?