ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa and Universal Credit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visitor Visa and Universal Credit

Post by Walimusa » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 pm

Hi there,
I will sponsor my Mother in Law for a visit Visa this Month. I have two kids and she would like to see them and her daughter. She was a highly paid Medical Doctor back home and recently retired from a Govt Job. She gets pension which is around £1000 a Month. She has enough savings and properties back home as well. She has two daughters all married back home. And one daughter in Uk and a Son who is studying in the UK as well. What ties can we show back home in the above mentioned circumstances that she will go back to her home country?
And I partially claim universal credit in the Uk will that create a problem for her visa? Also, i live in a shared property in UK my landlord is willing to offer a separate bedroom for her stay and has no objection. Will a letter from the landlord be sufficient or i need the whole new tenancy agreement? I am self employed do i need to submit my business and personal bank statements? And do i also need to send in my business accounts? I don’t want to make any mistake and i hope i can get some guidance here. Thanks in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa and Universal Credit

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:53 am

Walimusa wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:05 pm
Hi there,
I will sponsor my Mother in Law for a visit Visa this Month. I have two kids and she would like to see them and her daughter. She was a highly paid Medical Doctor back home and recently retired from a Govt Job. She gets pension which is around £1000 a Month. She has enough savings and properties back home as well. She has two daughters all married back home. And one daughter in Uk and a Son who is studying in the UK as well. What ties can we show back home in the above mentioned circumstances that she will go back to her home country?
And I partially claim universal credit in the Uk will that create a problem for her visa? Also, i live in a shared property in UK my landlord is willing to offer a separate bedroom for her stay and has no objection. Will a letter from the landlord be sufficient or i need the whole new tenancy agreement? I am self employed do i need to submit my business and personal bank statements? And do i also need to send in my business accounts? I don’t want to make any mistake and i hope i can get some guidance here. Thanks in advance.
When you say you'll sponsor her, I'm guessing you mean accommodation and general upkeep.
In that case, what you earn or have is secondary.

She needs to attach a letter of her recent retirement paperwork. Probably detailing her remunerations, her current bank statement for the last 6 months, and a letter of invite from your self stating what you and your spouse do for a living.

If you're not paying for her flight or giving her spending money, then your account isn't required. However, if she doesn't have enough and you plan to boost her account with yours, then 6 months statement from you is also required.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am

Thank you very much for the reply. She has sufficient money in her account and she doesn’t require any financial assistance. Do i still need to provide my bank statements? From your reply i reckon that i don’t. I will be providing the accommodation and invitation letter. In that case do i need a whole new tenancy agreement from landlord or a letter stating that landlord can provide an extra bedroom for her stay? Will highly appreciate your reply. Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:21 am

Walimusa wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am
Thank you very much for the reply. She has sufficient money in her account and she doesn’t require any financial assistance. Do i still need to provide my bank statements? From your reply i reckon that i don’t. I will be providing the accommodation and invitation letter. In that case do i need a whole new tenancy agreement from landlord or a letter stating that landlord can provide an extra bedroom for her stay? Will highly appreciate your reply. Thanks
Nope you don't need a letter from your landlord. No need to complicate things. She's would be here on a holiday, not coming to stay on a permanent basis.

Yes, if she's fully self sustaining financially, you don't need to complicate things with your account details showing UC.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Walimusa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Walimusa » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Thanku v much indeed