ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Financil requirements on self employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atif179
BANNED
United Kingdom

ILR 5 Year route (6 correspondence)

Post by atif179 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:42 pm

Hi

I am going to apply ILR for my wife based on 5 year route. i need help in providing 6 different correspondence. Actually accomodation we live in included all bills and council tax.

so can someone plese give any examples of the correspondence we can use e.g., bank statements or teneancy agreement, NHS letters etc.

also do these correspondence need to be after FLR(M) extention or should cover whole 5 years ?

Thanks in advance

Atif

atif179
BANNED
United Kingdom

ILR for spouse as a self employed

Post by atif179 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:52 pm

Hi

Currently im a director of a company and me and my wife get salaries from our business . i want to know that do we need to provide 6 months of bank statements and payslips or for the last 12 months ?

and my company first tax return is due in december 2022 so is there any issue in it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 5 Year route (6 correspondence)

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:53 pm

atif179 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:42 pm
Hi

I am going to apply ILR for my wife based on 5 year route. i need help in providing 6 different correspondence. Actually accomodation we live in included all bills and council tax.

so can someone plese give any examples of the correspondence we can use e.g., bank statements or teneancy agreement, NHS letters etc.

also do these correspondence need to be after FLR(M) extention or should cover whole 5 years ?

Thanks in advance

Atif
Should cover the last 2 years before application 6 letters if addressed to you and wife, 12 if individually to be spaced 3-4months apart. Letters from NHS, HMRC, DVLA and when it comes down to it any item of correspondence from any source can be used.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for spouse as a self employed

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:22 am

atif179 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:52 pm
Hi

Currently im a director of a company and me and my wife get salaries from our business . i want to know that do we need to provide 6 months of bank statements and payslips or for the last 12 months ?

and my company first tax return is due in december 2022 so is there any issue in it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Director of limited companies (or partner employees of such company) cannot use their payroll salaries as proof of income for ILR under the family route.You are instead required to supply company financial accounts, company tax returns, etc to prove your income (apply under category F or G)

Read the Appendix FM guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Search for Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK – specified evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR 5 Year route (6 correspondence)

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:26 am

atif179 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:42 pm
Hi

Thanks in advance

Atif
Cohabitation proof only needed for the last two years. ANY evidence can be used
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

atif179
BANNED
United Kingdom

ILR Financil requirements on self employment

Post by atif179 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:31 pm

I want to apply a ILR for my wife 5 year route. im currently self employed as a director of a LTD compny . me and my wife take salaries every month , so when filling the application i selected both employed and self employed for myself and employed for my wife. first of all am i doing it correctly?

also in documents checklist home office want me to provide employer letter for job confirmation. (i assume that its for my wife only )

so is it something im doing it correctly or how do i write letter for myself ?

Thanks in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Financil requirements on self employment

Post by Ticktack » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:50 pm

atif179 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:31 pm
I want to apply a ILR for my wife 5 year route. im currently self employed as a director of a LTD compny . me and my wife take salaries every month , so when filling the application i selected both employed and self employed for myself and employed for my wife. first of all am i doing it correctly?

also in documents checklist home office want me to provide employer letter for job confirmation. (i assume that its for my wife only ) This depends on who meets the financial criteria. If she meets it alone, then just her. if combining, then both of you.

Thanks in advance.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:20 pm

atif179 wrote:

also in documents checklist home office want me to provide employer letter for job confirmation. (i assume that its for my wife only )

Thanks in advance.
No ! You cannot claim employment as in under the category A/B for either yourself or your spouse from a 'specified limited company'. i.e one that you or your spouse started. Did you read the guide or do you keep asking questions and ignoring the advice given to you ?? You can ONLY qualify under category G or F so you should NOT choose 'employed'. Also 'self-employed' in the UK is not the same as a director of a company, even your own company :!:

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:00 am

atif179 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
No, you cannot select employment because your partner is an employee of a limited company which falls under paragraph 9A? While you are a director of the company. and you must both applied under category F and provide payslips(you and your partner) & dividends if you are getting one and NOT category A or B.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

atif179
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by atif179 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:37 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:20 pm
atif179 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
No ! You cannot claim employment as in under the category A/B for either yourself or your spouse from a 'specified limited company'. i.e one that you or your spouse started. Did you read the guide or do you keep asking questions and ignoring the advice given to you ?? You can ONLY qualify under category G or F so you should NOT choose 'employed'. Also 'self-employed' in the UK is not the same as a director of a company, even your own company :!:
please read the question carefully before you answer , all im asking is that how do i provide employment confirmation letter when im self employed . i never ask to explain me the categories or what evidence i would need to proof my income. if you dont know the answer dont bother no need to show off your irrelevent knowledge.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:42 pm

You are repeatedly told that your wife does NOT qualify as an employee of a company (which is possible only under category A or B)
You have selected incorrectly her status as an employee and the document list you are given is for the categories that do NOT apply to her circumstance. Maybe try to understand what is going on instead of being abusive.

atif179
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by atif179 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:42 pm
You are repeatedly told that your wife does NOT qualify as an employee of a company (which is possible only under category A or B)
You have selected incorrectly her status as an employee and the document list you are given is for the categories that do NOT apply to her circumstance. Maybe try to understand what is going on instead of being abusive.
And you repeatedly telling me wrong info. i dont think you knew the meaning of being abusive.
i filled up the application form online declared myself as a director and employee of a company and my partner as a employee of a company and filled all the relevent info without being bothering what category im applying or what category i should be in , you just making life so difficiult and make me read whole appendix which i never done it before.
when i filled my financials online they told me to provide certain docs for proof of income and when i finished all sections they provide me the list of all mandatory docs to provide and i did same.
i provide all company docs , audited accounts, ct600 our payslips and p60 and bank statements and i did write a employment letter for my partner as a director of a ltd company (by the way that was my questions) and you know what my partner got the ILR in less than 24hrs after bio mertics .
so sometimes in life you have to listen to others as well and what they are asking for rather than enforcing your openion on them .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:26 pm

The OP is now banned by another moderator but I need to add context here:

OP was asking why he is getting a requirement 'employment letter' in the list of documents. That was due to the fact that he incorrectly selected his wife as an employee on the from. This option should ONLY be selected when you aim to qualify under category A or B. An employee of a 'specified' company cannot qualify under category A or B. So such an option should not be selected (The form options should not be read literally). I get that this is not intuitive but the OP did not understand this

An immigration application is subject to the requirements under the rules. Choosing incorrect options on the form will give you an incorrect document checklist. However as the OP provided the required documents under category G as advised initially, the ILR application was approved. The fact that he chose the incorrect option does not affect eligibility but was the source of his confusion as the document list was not accurate due to the incorrectly chosen option