ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse application financial guidance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djsteele888
Newly Registered

spouse application financial guidance

Post by djsteele888 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:38 pm

I am a Uk citizen (24) and my gf is Chinese (26) and we will marry in January with a view to apply for her marriage visa shortly after.

We have begun to prepare all the documents that are required for the application however I have some queries regarding our finances & accomodation.

I am in steady employment of £18k pa and I have secured a job for her upon her arrival (£12.5k pa).
She has savings of £6k and I have £2k.

My Aunt has written a letter confirming we can stay with her for £200 pm bills included.

Does this arrangement seem ok? I am concerned my own savings may not be enough and I am paying off a loan (£200 pm) which will show up on my statements.

Can I arrange for a richer relative to serve as a financial sponsor in my place?

I appreciate any feedback to help guide us.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:45 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

djsteele888
Newly Registered

Post by djsteele888 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:32 am

Thanks - so from those threads £92 is the basic for TWO ppl ?! We should be ok then.

And I now know it needs to be the UK spouse who is the financially responsible sponsor.

Thks for your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:42 am

djsteele888 wrote:And I now know it needs to be the UK spouse who is the financially responsible sponsor.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.