ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa got refused - ties to home country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usbukhari

UK Visitor Visa got refused - ties to home country

Post by usbukhari » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:38 pm

HI All,

My sister's visit visa got refused on following basis.

• You state that you are travelling to the UK to visit your daughter. I note that the documents you have submitted do not demonstrate what family you have in your home country. Given the above, I am not satisfied you have shown that your ties to you home country (or elsewhere) are sufficient incentive to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. On balance of probabilities, I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or will leave the UK after a limited period.

I did submit government "Family Relation Certificate" with the application which shows i have my father and younger daughter in pakistan.

any suggestion, which document shows Family Ties back home?

• You state that you are self-employed as a landlord earning PKR 150,000 (£587) per year. In support of your application, you have submitted a lease agreement and your personal Faysal bank statement (account number ending 170). I acknowledge that your rental income is reflected in your account each month. I also note that there are a number of unexplained deposits being credited to your account. For example, I note that a deposit for PKR 600,000 (£2,351) was credited on 18/07/2022. Having reviewed the documents you have submitted, I note that they do not demonstrate the source of this deposit. Furthermore, this deposit represents approximately 4 times your stated monthly income. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate reflection of your financial circumstances.

most of the bank transactions are BANK to BANK transactions, do we need to explain each transaction to ECO?

Please suggest.
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: UK Visitor Visa got refused - ties to home country

Post by secret.simon » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:57 pm

usbukhari wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:38 pm
I did submit government "Family Relation Certificate" with the application which shows i have my father and younger daughter in pakistan.
Is that your daughter, your refused sister's daughter or the father's daughter (i.e. sister)? The grammar is unclear.
usbukhari wrote:
most of the bank transactions are BANK to BANK transactions, do we need to explain each transaction to ECO?
You'd want to explain any out-of-turn abnormally large transfers into the bank account, whether a bank-to-bank transfer or cash deposit. The idea is that large one-off transfers could be inter-family loans for window-dressing the person's real financial circumstance, rather than a real transfer of money.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:03 pm

usbukhari wrote:
HI All,

• You state that you are travelling to the UK to visit your daughter. I note that the documents you have submitted do not demonstrate what family you have in your home country. Given the above, I am not satisfied you have shown that your ties to you home country (or elsewhere) are sufficient incentive to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. On balance of probabilities, I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or will leave the UK after a limited period.

• You state that you are self-employed as a landlord earning PKR 150,000 (£587) per year. In support of your application, you have submitted a lease agreement and your personal Faysal bank statement (account number ending 170). I acknowledge that your rental income is reflected in your account each month. I also note that there are a number of unexplained deposits being credited to your account. For example, I note that a deposit for PKR 600,000 (£2,351) was credited on 18/07/2022. Having reviewed the documents you have submitted, I note that they do not demonstrate the source of this deposit. Furthermore, this deposit represents approximately 4 times your stated monthly income. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have presented an accurate reflection of your financial circumstances.

Please suggest.
Thanks
This is a general mistake always made by people. Just having a family or friend in the UK doesn't mean you would get your visa approved. In most cases, it comes as a negative to actually getting the visa approved.

Family in the UK only helps when you have a very strong background back home. Or maybe you've been coming to the UK before and have a valid travel history with the UK and have just come on some difficult time.

You can NEVER have lump sums credited to your account within the 6 months statement of account without proper documentation to back up where the funds have come from. HO 101!

Family ties stated above might not necessarily mean family. They just need you to prove beyond reasonable doubts that she's got a great reason to want to go back, like job/income, family and friends.

Earning about £600 per annum is more reason not to go back.

Travelling to the UK would probably cost her £2k-£3k easy! That's approx. 5 years income. Why would anyone want to go back, when you have a family in the UK to give a soft landing.

Sorry to state the obvious, but the application was doomed from the get go.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:10 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:57 pm
usbukhari wrote:
Is that your daughter, your refused sister's daughter or the father's daughter (i.e. sister)? The grammar is unclear.
usbukhari wrote:
You'd want to explain any out-of-turn abnormally large transfers into the bank account, whether a bank-to-bank transfer or cash deposit. The idea is that large one-off transfers could be inter-family loans for window-dressing the person's real financial circumstance, rather than a real transfer of money.
applicant is my sister.
there are small transactions and no family loans

usbukhari

Post by usbukhari » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:12 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:03 pm
usbukhari wrote:
HI All,

Please suggest.
Thanks
This is a general mistake always made by people. Just having a family or friend in the UK doesn't mean you would get your visa approved. In most cases, it comes as a negative to actually getting the visa approved.

Family in the UK only helps when you have a very strong background back home. Or maybe you've been coming to the UK before and have a valid travel history with the UK and have just come on some difficult time.

You can NEVER have lump sums credited to your account within the 6 months statement of account without proper documentation to back up where the funds have come from. HO 101!

Family ties stated above might not necessarily mean family. They just need you to prove beyond reasonable doubts that she's got a great reason to want to go back, like job/income, family and friends.

Travelling to the UK would probably cost her £2k-£3k easy! That's approx. 5 years income. Why would anyone want to go back, when you have a family in the UK to give a soft landing.

earning is £600 a month which is clearly showing in bank statement and rental agreement. ECO must be not in a good mood.

can you please suggest which document shows "Family Ties" ?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:32 pm

usbukhari wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:12 pm

earning is £600 a month which is clearly showing in bank statement and rental agreement. ECO must be not in a good mood.

But your previous post says an income of £587 a year. Was it a typo?
usbukhari wrote:
  • You state that you are self-employed as a landlord earning PKR 150,000 (£587) per year. In support of your application, you have submitted a lease agreement and your personal Faysal bank statement (account number ending 170).
usbukhari wrote:
Family ties? Perhaps this is referring to just "ties to home country"?

I think the last ones are of interest of the Home Office to assess an application for a visitors visa. These are related to a job, properties, businesses, etc. in the home country. Of course any document supporting these ties are mandatory to support the application.

I believe having other family members in the country of origin are irrelevant.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:34 am

usbukhari wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:03 pm
usbukhari wrote:
HI All,

Please suggest.
Thanks

Is the stated amount per year or per month? Account stacking by deposited funds out of the ordinary within requisite period for account statement a No No.
Address the crux of refusal before reapplying to give a chance of positive outcome.

Shaz1994
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shaz1994 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Hi, I’m in the same boat, my sister in law’s visa got rejected on 10/10/22 after us waiting 10 weeks for a decision. The reasons were:

- You have applied for a visa to visit the UK for a period of 6 months to visit your brother and his family.
- Whilst I recognise that family visits are important, I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules I must assess your own personal and financial circumstances.
- In your application you have stated that you are a student and that your brother would cover the costs of your trip to the UK. You have provided documents supporting this including an invitation letter and bank statements etc. The documents you have provided however do not demonstrate how you derive an income in your country of residence. Whilst you have stated that your family provide you with funds, there is no documentation provided which supports the statement made.
- Based on the information provided, it seems your financial ties to the UK outweigh those ties to your country of residence. I am therefore not satisfied you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.
- Therefore, your application is refused under paragraph’s V4.2 (a) and (c) off the Immigration Rules.

I don’t understand, we provided all the evidence we could possibly think of. The only thing we didn’t give were her bank statements and we had explained the reasoning was because she’s a university student and doesn’t have any regular funds or income. She’s unemployed. She gets here and there pocket money from her family and that’s about it. We’ve given proof of her being enrolled in university. So I don’t understand what more we can do.

We are planning to re-apply and this time we’ll just send her bank statements even though there’s nothing much to prove there. We’ll also be sending her brother’s bank statements too just to show extra financial things but I don’t think that’ll make any difference. We’ll also be sending proof of my mother in law having a sickness and that my sister in law is her carer which she is but they don’t have procedures like carers allowance in Morocco etc. So the only thing I can provide is a letter from the doctor. Hopefully this should be more proof of her returning to Morocco after her stay with us.

But other than the above we had literally provided so much evidence.

So we’re so confused.

I’m getting advice from the MP tomorrow and see if they can help in any way and also talk to immigration officers and lawyers for more advice.

Any advice from any of you would be extremely appreciated as well.

Thank you.

Shaz1994
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shaz1994 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:25 pm

Just to continue my previous post above,

I do understand due to her being single and young (age 24) and is unemployed, it would look like she’s trying to get a getaway card and remain in the UK. But that is honestly not the case and of course I know the point is to prove that wrong.

We had provided:

- Supporting letters vouching for her from her mother, two brothers, a cousin, a childhood friend and a university classmate (whom all live in Morocco and see her on a day to day basis)
- University enrolment proof.
- Mother in law being sick and getting a letter from the doctor (this will be provided in the new application we make)
- Letter of invitation from myself and my husband - The main reason for her coming is to share our special moments with us when bringing our first child to the world who’s due in 4 weeks. As well as to have a nice holiday here with us.

What else could we use as to prove her country ties and connections etc?

We can’t do employment. There isn’t any land or business on her name. Not sure what else there could be.

Thank you again.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:39 pm

The same message from UKVI is giving you the response to your query:
Shaz1994 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:51 pm

The documents you have provided however do not demonstrate how you derive an income in your country of residence. Whilst you have stated that your family provide you with funds, there is no documentation provided which supports the statement made.
You (or she) stated that she receives an occasional income but didn't include any document (bank statement) supporting this. It does not matter how little the funds are, if you said she gets this money sometimes you need to support this statement.

I don't think a brother's bank statement is required. Remember that for these applications, UKVI advises to refrain from sending more documents than the required, they will make no difference in the outcome. I think a document saying that she is caring for her mother might help in terms of ties to home country. This also would need to be reflected in the letter of invitation.

You also need to wait a considerable amount of time to submit another application, I would say a few months. Appearing to be desperate to get a visa increases the chances of another rejection.

A friendly PS: remember you can open a new post with your case. You might be warned from the moderators to avoid tagging yourself in other posts.
Last edited by lolo2 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaz1994
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shaz1994 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:42 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:39 pm
The same message from UKVI is giving you the response to your query:
Shaz1994 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:51 pm

The documents you have provided however do not demonstrate how you derive an income in your country of residence. Whilst you have stated that your family provide you with funds, there is no documentation provided which supports the statement made.
You (or she) stated that she receives an occasional income but didn't include any document (bank statement) supporting this. It does not matter how little the funds are, if you said she gets this money sometimes you need to support this statement.

I don't think a brother's bank statement is required. Remember that for these applications, UKVI advises to refrain from sending more documents than the required, they will make no difference in the outcome. I think a document saying that she is caring for her mother might help in terms of ties to home country. This also would need to be reflected in the letter of invitation.

You also need to wait a considerable amount of time to submit another application, I would say a few months. Appearing to be desperate to get a visa increases the chances of another rejection.
Thank you very much! I’ll take all this in to account :)