ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Identity confirmation for kids' passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avipul
India

Identity confirmation for kids' passport

Post by avipul » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi,

I made the first passport applications for myself, wife and the kids. The identity was confirmed by a friend who happens to be a Company Director. Today I received approval for wife's application while for the kids it says 'person not eligible' and asks for using someone else. No explanation was provided as to what's wrong with the first person. No update on my application yet.

Helpline's response wasn't much helpful- 'We have no idea why it was rejected for kids' applications'.

Not sure what could've gone wrong with the first person and if it was due to the fact that HMPO have suddenly decided to remove Company Director from the list of recognised categories. Anybody got any clue?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Identity confirmation for kids' passport

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:33 pm

That is strange. Can you use a referee that knows your children in a professional capacity (eg teacher, dentist)?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

rahuldwh2000
United Kingdom

Post by rahuldwh2000 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Please can someone share what are the eligibility criterion for the this (the referee) for the British passport ie who all can confirm the identity?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:55 pm

All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

avipul
India

Post by avipul » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:31 pm

Update - I re-submitted kids' applications using another referee who happens to be a Company Director as well and the applications got approved the same day. :)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:54 am

HMPO never ceases to amaze. Congrats, hope you get your passports soon!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:55 am

avipul wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:31 pm
Update - I re-submitted kids' applications using another referee who happens to be a Company Director as well and the applications got approved the same day. :)
Congratulations.
The initial outcome strange though all in good for the kids now.