ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after ILR - check/update address on UKVI records?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AjPS
Mood:
India

after ILR - check/update address on UKVI records?

Post by AjPS » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi, I have already had ILR for 2 years now and moved houses twice in that time.

I believe it is not needed to update address details when moving as per indefinite-leave-to-remain/updating-add ... 47256.html and similar posts here but have seen some posts saying we do have to update whenever relocating.

- I moved to a new rented house 9 months ago and once before that a few months after my ILR was granted (to a bigger property). Wondering if I do need to update my details on UKVI/UKBA or not needed? as am an ILR holder, as others have kindly advised in above post.
- Also, is there a url/page on UKVI where ILR holders can login and verify what details are stored and update? as have searched for many hours today but did not find it.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: after ILR - check/update address on UKVI records?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:56 am

Not required to do so.
If you di not have an active application or need to interface with UKVI they don't do anything with your address I.e. their services is as at when needed.
This is uije GP/NHS , DVLA banks etc that ongoing correspondences can be expected from them without you taking the initiative.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: after ILR - check/update address on UKVI records?

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:22 am

There is no such requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice