ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to duplicate uploading docs?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grreg

Do I need to duplicate uploading docs?

Post by grreg » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:11 am

I'm applying for naturalisation for myself, spouse and 2 children under 10.

I am a bit confused by the categories of documents in the UKVCAS website.
In my daughters area do I need to also upload the BRP's for myself and my wife. These documents are already uploaded in each of our own areas.
Is it better to upload them again or will they figure it out?

Also when I submitted the form my son's foreign passport was soon to expire. He has received a replacement passport now.
So the passport number in his application document does not match his current passport. Of course I will upload scans of both - but will this cause any issues?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need to duplicate uploading docs?

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:23 am

grreg wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:11 am

In my daughters area do I need to also upload the BRP's for myself and my wife. These documents are already uploaded in each of our own areas.
Is it better to upload them again or will they figure it out?It doesn't cost you anything to upload it again. But even if you don't, they'd figure it out themselves. Just nice to make the system as easy and smooth for the HO as possible.

Also when I submitted the form my son's foreign passport was soon to expire. He has received a replacement passport now.
So the passport number in his application document does not match his current passport. Of course I will upload scans of both - but will this cause any issues?No issues. he doesn't need a valid passport to apply for British citizenship. But nice to upload the old and the new.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Do I need to duplicate uploading docs?

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:34 am

grreg wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:11 am

Is it better to upload them again or will they figure it out?

So the passport number in his application document does not match his current passport. Of course I will upload scans of both - but will this cause any issues?
The passport change won't cause issues, just explain in the cover letter.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.