ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Institute Letter clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mauricien
Newly Registered

Institute Letter clarification

Post by Mauricien » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Dear Folks,

It might sound like a stupid question but I would rather have your opinion on that. On the policy guidance on PSW it is stated at section 48 that: "All United Kingdom Universities and some higher education colleges are United Kingdom recognised bodies".

If assuming that you have been doing a Masters or Bachelors degree from say Oxford Brookes University or Brunel University which are both under the listed Recognised Bodies having the capacity to issue degree awarding powers (http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/)- and they themselves added the link on the policy guidance, do you still have to provide a written evidence from those particular universities that they do have awarding powers given the fact that on the policy guidance itself they stated that all universities are recognised bodies which means that they have the power to issue degress?

Am asking this because on part H2 of the application form it says to tick the box saying that you have sent an Original Letter from academic institution to show as "evidence that the UK institution is either a UK recognised, UK listed body or holds a sponsor licence". Now if you have been attending a UK recognised body institution such as Oxford Brookes or Brunel this will be self contradictory with what they actually claim in their policy guidance when they claim themselves that all UK universities are recognised bodies.

So is there a need to have such a letter when they themselves have put forward the claim?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:40 pm

I doubt you'd need to do that but then getting a letter from the wouldn't hurt just to be on the safe side. Some university names speak for themselves( e.g Brunel and Oxford Brookes) especially if you enclose the degree certificate or letter from the university to say you completed your degree there.

I think that part is actually referring to students who complete validated programs at private colleges.

Anyone got any other opinion?
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

sssyj35
Newly Registered

Post by sssyj35 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:56 am

It does not sound stupid question at all as i was so confused about this matter. So i asked other friend who studied aonther Uni and got PSW visa and she said she did not submit such a letter.

I was thinking getting a letter saying that Brookes is one of the UK listed body but i concluded that i do not need such a letter in the end as it is quite obvious that Brookes is a uk listed body.

But if there is another opinion, pls advise us.