ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement. ILR to Naturalization process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripaths
Newly Registered
India

English Language Requirement. ILR to Naturalization process

Post by tripaths » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Naturalization application form has two questions on your Degree Certificate. 1. What was the medium of language of your degree and, 2. Whether you can use it for proving English language requirement test.
It is bit confusing as I have already mentioned in the form that I have passed English language criteria during ILR application last year. Basically I wrote some English exam for Tier 2 G application (TOEFL/IELTS 6 years ago).
So should I say 'No' against Question 2, as I do not want to spend time and money in getting my degree (issued out of UK) accredited for English, even though I know it is possible to get it done if need be.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: English Language Requirement. ILR to Naturalization process

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:55 pm

That is correct. No need to provide degree details if you don't want to use it for the language requirement.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.