ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker changing employer, IHS refund

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Skilled worker changing employer, IHS refund

Post by MarkCa » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:47 pm

Hello,

Skilled Migrant worker at my company would like to resign and find a new employment. Both me and him are not sure what would happen in that case to Immigration Health Surcharge paid for this visa. He received 5 year visa and worked for less than one year.

If new employer makes the application and pays IHS for him, would then we (employer) be reimbursed for his current IHS, considering the fact that new employer is paying for the same period for the same person? Would this count as double payment?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker changing employer, IHS refund

Post by ywlgy » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:47 pm

I know some people get automatic refund a few days after the new visa is approved.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:18 pm

Thanks. And is refund automatically paid back into the old bank card (for previous application) or into the new one (for current/latest application)?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:48 pm

IHS is refunded to the original method of payment (of the previous application).

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:53 am

Thank you! :)