ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while waiting for decision

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Travel while waiting for decision

Post by Fatimajafri » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I applied for citizenship application recently while I have ILR BRP valid for next couple of years. When does this BRP become void & has to be returned to Home Office? When we get the decision or when we attend the ceremony?
The reason I'm asking is I have travel plans in coming holiday season & I'm quite unsure if I'll get a decision in time to apply for a passport & travel. TIll when can I travel on ILR & when I won't be able to? Please guide

meself2
Ireland

Re: Travel while waiting for decision

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:08 pm

You're British only when you attend the ceremony.
You can travel on ILR BRP before your ceremony commences and you receive your certificate.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Re: Travel while waiting for decision

Post by Fatimajafri » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:19 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:08 pm
You're British only when you attend the ceremony.
You can travel on ILR BRP before your ceremony commences and you receive your certificate.
Thank you very much for your promt response!