ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employment Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lallen
United Kingdom

Self Employment Documents

Post by Lallen » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:13 pm

Hi,

Looking for some help around the documentation for Self Employment for my Wife’s Naturalisation application.

Immigration History:
Entered UK 24/06/16 on Spouse visa for 30 months, extended for a further 30 months on FLR visa, received ILR 21/03/22. Current circumstances is we’re still together, I’m British by birth therefore her residence in the UK is based on the 3-year period. She currently works self-employed working for herself.

For some strange reason, the document checklist from the application is asking for her most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return. The only access she has is to the 2021-2022 Self Assessment through GOV.uk portal. The current year 2022-2023 is in progress so that is ignored. She has tax payments due by 31/01/23 for the 2021-2022 tax year.

What documents exactly is this question asking for, I can only get the SA302 online, Tax return (which says Copy only, do not send to HMRX) and Tax year overview snapshot for that tax year?

I know it states most recent Tax year account statement, but am I providing 3 years worth to cover the period?

For 2021-2022 self assessment my wife received some small income from PAYE, should she include additional documents with the Tax return like payslips during that period or a P60?

Thank you in advance

pioruns
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Self Employment Documents

Post by pioruns » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:29 pm

"For some strange reason, the document checklist from the application is asking for her most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return. "

2020-21 most recent ended & paid tax year
2021-22 still not due yet to be reported or paid
2022-23 still in progress
So she uploads 2020-21 statements, or if she already submitted 2021-22 and got all statements back, she can upload that.

"What documents exactly is this question asking for, I can only get the SA302 online, Tax return (which says Copy only, do not send to HMRX) and Tax year overview snapshot for that tax year?"
Send them original "Tax Return" PDFs, without any copy marks or anything. That's what I did to prove 3 years of self employment and passed.

pioruns
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Self Employment Documents

Post by pioruns » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:37 pm

And to give you more on my example:
Submitted application in April 2021
I included original Tax Return 2018, 2019, 2020 with my application. And some P60s and P45s from that period where I was under PAYE. And that worked. In April 2021 I didn't need to upload anything from 2020-21 tax year, just like you don't need to upload anything from 2021-22 if you would to submit application today in November 2022, as self assessment is not due to be filled or paid yet.