ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

france talent visa question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sisu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

france talent visa question

Post by Sisu » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:11 pm

Hi guys and thanks in advance for any response to this topic.

I am British Citizen and planning to move to France sometime within next 1-2 years. Recently I was doing research about visas and stay etc and as long as I understand I need to apply for "talent passport" type visa as I am a veterinarian . I am planning to find a practice that will provide with work visa invitation sometime within this year but this should not be a problem with current shortage of vets in the EU.

My main questions are:
1 - I cannot figure out what language test do I need to sit before applying (for example for EU vets it is IELTS or OET when they come to work in the UK now) but what is it for English workers when they come to work in France?
2 - is there any visa agents anyone can recommend?

generally the process seems to be straightforward but Id love to ask someone with some experience about it

thanks 😊

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: france talent visa question

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:03 am

Hello,

In France, Veterinarian is a regulated profession. Many legal, medical, engineering... professions, are under this category.

What does it mean in practice? You can't be employed as a Veterinarian unless you have French, EU, EEE or Swiss citizenship. UK is not part of this list.

Please read their Veterinarian Order website:

https://www.veterinaire.fr/je-suis-vete ... pays-tiers

However, you may find a job within a practice with a different title than of Veterinarian but that would impact your revenue.

The documentation for work visas doesn't mention anything about French language proficiency but you will find it hard to find a job in France where you can speak only in English. I have seen some exceptions to that in IT, but it's not very common to be honest.