ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

relaxation period of 5 years for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

za0001
Newly Registered

relaxation period of 5 years for ILR

Post by za0001 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello everyone, I need help for ILR. I was on wp since 14 dec 2006 to 14 dec 2008. I applied for Tier 1 and got it on 7 dec 2008 valid upto 7 dec 2011.
Now there are only 7 days short to make complete 5 years for ILR. Will I have to apply for extension of Tier 1 in 2011, or they will relax these 7 days and allow me to apply for ILR.
Thanks!

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:13 pm

If you had done some some search on this forum, you would have learnt that you can apply for ILR 28 days prior to completion of your 5 years of valid stay in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Applying for settlement in the United Kingdom wrote:You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.