ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP Private Life Extension Query & Ability to travel with a Limited Leave to Remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RainMan10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR FP Private Life Extension Query & Ability to travel with a Limited Leave to Remain

Post by RainMan10 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I submitted an application for a first extension of my limited leave to remain which was initially obtained under FLR FP Private live in 2019. The extension was submitted in April 2022, 1 month before my original leave to remain and BRP was supposed to expire.

I submitted my documents online, and my biometrics from my 2019 application were carried forward to be used for this 2022 application. For my initial application, I was able to pay for the priority service but this time that option was not available to me once I got to the payment screen.

A couple of weeks after submitting the online application, I was then asked to set up and attend a video call with a UKVI representative where we discussed my submitted documents and they confirmed that they had everything that they need with no missing documents.

That was the last time I had any contact with the UKVI office via email, phone or post. Every time I try to call 0300 790 6268 I am forwarded through to automated systems which say no information can be provided. I haven't been able to find another method to contact UKVI to find out more about the application status.

It has now been six months since that application without any news, and I wanted to know if others were finding a similar lack of communication and if there was any email address or phone number I can call to find out if my application is still being processed or if it has slipped through the cracks somehow.

Not having a currently valid BRP restricts my ability to find new work or a new home and means I can no longer travel for family or employment reasons. One upcoming pressure is the need to travel to India for work on a business visa for 6 months. I wanted to know if anyone knew about the submission requirements for that business visa and if I can apply with a pending BRP application. Also if all is successful, would travelling to another country for that amount of time hinder any future application to extend my limited leave to remain even if it is for work?

Any advice you can give on these two areas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and Good Luck to Everyone.