ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent forms no longer required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BlackDahlia
Germany

Consent forms no longer required?

Post by BlackDahlia » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:08 pm

Hi all,

Thanks so much for everyone here for all the support and help. I have just submitted my naturalisation application and have two questions:
1) I noticed that in the application I wasn't asked to submit the consent forms for the HO to verify the application information. Have these been scrapped or do they assume that you will submit them anyway? I always had to submit these with my applications.
2) I wasn't given the option to submit my documents via the app. I was directly directed to UKVCAS to book an appointment, which I did, but was just wondering if this is normal.

Thank you so much!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Consent forms no longer required?

Post by meself2 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:13 pm

BlackDahlia wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:08 pm
2) I wasn't given the option to submit my documents via the app. I was directly directed to UKVCAS to book an appointment, which I did, but was just wondering if this is normal.
this is fine; some go through the app, some have to get an appointment, nothing unusual with that. UKVCAS decides this for you.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:56 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:13 pm
BlackDahlia wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:08 pm
this is fine; some go through the app, some have to get an appointment, nothing unusual with that. UKVCAS decides this for you.
Thank you for this. Yes it seems that they decide for you probably based on some responses in your application. I did get a replacement BRC which I thought might spare me the need to get an appointment, but in any case I haven’t had my biometrics taken in a few years so I also expected it. At any rate, getting the appointment was quick and easy and there was an appointment available in two weeks so it’s all good.

The application doesn’t say anything on the consent forms though. Shall I just submit these signed anyway? Does anyone know?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:00 pm

You need to submit the consent forms!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:00 pm
Thanks so much for the confirmation and thanks for all the help from everyone in this forum. I very much appreciate it!

ePlus
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by ePlus » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hello. I had my biometrics appointment on August 12th and I hadn't uploaded the consent forms. I pointed this out to the employee at UKVCAS but she said I do not need to submit those. I am yet to receive a response from Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk as she also changed my name (she said I had a mistake, but I didn't) and after the appointment, I see that now it is spelled differently on UKVCAS website (incorrectly) than it appears on my AN form (which is why I sent an email to HO). Is this something to worry about?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:12 pm

ePlus wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hello. I had my biometrics appointment on August 12th and I hadn't uploaded the consent forms. I pointed this out to the employee at UKVCAS but she said I do not need to submit those. I am yet to receive a response from Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk as she also changed my name (she said I had a mistake, but I didn't) and after the appointment, I see that now it is spelled differently on UKVCAS website (incorrectly) than it appears on my AN form (which is why I sent an email to HO). Is this something to worry about?
Why not start your own thread with your own questions, instead of trying to hijack another's thread. Not fair on the OP.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:15 am

ePlus wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier, but not sure if I have much to advise in this case (probably better to have another post where you could ask others). From asking here and others, I was definitely told that the consent forms need to be submitted. As for the name change, quite unbelievable that she changed it to result now in such a mistake, but I would contact the HO (not sure what is the right email address to use in this case) and inform them that there is a mistake in the spelling of your name on the UKVCAS system. Since your application relies on a unique number anyway, the name should not matter in linking your biometrics to your application. The only worry in my opinion (but I could be wrong) that might happen is having your name misspelled on the naturalisation certificate and needing to correct it later.