ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nomadtraveller29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application Queries

Post by nomadtraveller29 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for naturalisation this week after having my settled status for about 19 months now but have few questions. Apologies for so many queries 🙏🏼

I came to the UK on Student visa on 2009 and then had post study work visa, student visa, got married and then went to my home country to apply for EU spouse visa (2016) and since have been living in the UK on EU route visa. What date should I put on application when it asks “when did you first arrive in the UK ? 2009 or 2016 ?

Proof Of Residence: I have past 10 years few P6Os and then P45s covering the years 2013-2022. Do I only provide evidence for only past 5 years ?

Also have letter from HMRC stating my work history for past 10 years. Should I upload this ?

I also have council tax statement covering 2016-2022, will this do as additional proof of residence for 5 years. Can this be used ?

Do I need letter for my last 5 employers to prove that I have been working in UK ?

Do I need letter from current employer stating I working there ?

I have not complete the declaration bit of the online form yet as I am gathering document but do I need signed consent form from my spouse ? (I remember settle status application needed it)

Once again apologies for all the questions. Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Application Queries

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:34 pm

nomadtraveller29 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 pm
Hi All,

I am applying for naturalisation this week after having my settled status for about 19 months now but have few questions. Apologies for so many queries 🙏🏼

I came to the UK on Student visa on 2009 and then had post study work visa, student visa, got married and then went to my home country to apply for EU spouse visa (2016) and since have been living in the UK on EU route visa. What date should I put on application when it asks “when did you first arrive in the UK ? 2009 or 2016 ?

Proof Of Residence: I have past 10 years few P6Os and then P45s covering the years 2013-2022. Do I only provide evidence for only past 5 years ?
Only 5 years evidence required.
Also have letter from HMRC stating my work history for past 10 years. Should I upload this ? Not required -you don't need to prove employment.

I also have council tax statement covering 2016-2022, will this do as additional proof of residence for 5 years. Can this be used ? You could use just these for 5 years residency - one type of document is sufficient - only a minimum of documents is required.

Do I need letter for my last 5 employers to prove that I have been working in UK ? No - proof of employment not required.

Do I need letter from current employer stating I working there ? NO!

I have not complete the declaration bit of the online form yet as I am gathering document but do I need signed consent form from my spouse ? (I remember settle status application needed it) You apply in your own right - consent from anyone not required.

Once again apologies for all the questions. Many thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.