ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents over 16

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MrsEmme
Newly Registered
Wales

Dependents over 16

Post by MrsEmme » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:31 am

So I am in the process of applying for a health and care visa. I am thinking of leaving my 2 children aged 16 and 17 behind with their father, my husband. Then they can all follow me after a month. Will this work according to the independent rules that say that we should be living together or them at boarding school? Should my husband apply for his first or at the same time?

Need help to see if it is better to travel with them as leaving them behind may cause other issues. Any help appreciated.

Anthony86
United Kingdom

Re: Dependents over 16

Post by Anthony86 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:00 pm

I don’t see why this should be a problem, or how it is any different to someone who is already on skilled worker visa in the UK bringing a dependent after a change in civil status several years down the line (which was the case for me). All you need is the relevent proofs. Timeline should not matter.

In fact, it may be helpful if you come first and sort out the basic necessities (accommodation, etc) and have the family follow you once they have that assurance.

MrsEmme
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: Dependents over 16

Post by MrsEmme » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:28 am

Thanks for your reply. The main concern is the issue where the guidance says that if they are over 16 they can't have an independent life. They have to live with me or be in boarding school. Just worried they may not meet this criteria.

How old were your dependants?