ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse sponsor finances - mortgage only loans?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djsteele888
Newly Registered

spouse sponsor finances - mortgage only loans?

Post by djsteele888 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:47 am

Hi my bride to be is researching UK marriage visas in advance. After reviewing my financial situation I can afford to pay her accomodation +bills and provide her with £400-500 every month should it be required. Also I have £2k in savings AND I have secured a job for her once she arrives (@£12.5k pa).

However about 6 months ago I took out a personal loan to help with the engagement, marriage + other costs. I can afford the repayments and the above calculations take this into account. And actually the cost of the engagement & marriage was much less than expected so I have gifted the unused loan amount to my bride to be for her to use as savings for the UK!

Unfortunately my partner has been in contact with an agency in her country who have told her that when the Visa Officer checks my bank statements and sees the loan repayments - her application will be rejected outright! They say only mortgage repayments are an acceptable form of debt?!

Is this correct? If so do I need to repay the loan before she can apply?

zaphod
Newly Registered

Post by zaphod » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Utter garbage, that agency don't know what the heck they're talking about.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:46 am

That is the biggest pile of poo I have heard for a long time. I hope you have not given any money to that agency!

AND why are you using an agency!!!!!

Your case is great, with all you have done and the amount of money that is available you are wasting your time ( as you now know) using an agency.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:02 pm

hi,

I have a mortgage and a personal loan. we did not have any problems with my wifes HSMP dependent visa.

Good Luck,
Ahmad

Ramsay

Post by Ramsay » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:31 pm

I took out a loan explicitly to pay for flights/visas/travel document and wedding to my fiancee. Budgeted how it was to be spent and showed it fitted in to my monthly spending in my documents.

From your post you'll pass financially without a second look.

PS: Lend us a tenner? Xmas party tonight and don't get paid until Friday :lol: