ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British naturalisation for Irish

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkdr
India

British naturalisation for Irish

Post by mkdr » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:33 pm

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding british maturalistion application.
I am an Irish citizen and received settled status. My daughter who is Irish as well, got the settled status on the basis of my settled status.
Can both of us apply for British naturalisation together? My wife is non-EU citizen and has pre-settled status.
Thanks for the help in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British naturalisation for Irish

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:07 pm

Yes - Irish citizens don't need settled status/ILR for citizenship as there's no immigration control on them as such - still need to satisfy the residency and other requirements. Refer to the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
Your wife could apply once she's got full settled status.

"Irish nationals
Irish citizens can enter and stay in the UK without requiring permission. (There are
some limited exceptions to this, where the person is subject to a deportation order,
exclusion decision or exclusion order, or travel ban). If you are an Irish national, you
will, therefore, have been in the UK lawfully during the qualifying period"
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.