ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Top up key has been cancelled

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi27
India

Family VISA for ILR dependant

Post by adi27 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:14 pm

Hello,

My family - wife, 2 children have moved to UK on Tier2 - Gen dependant VISA back in 2015. They were here until mid of 2019 which is when they had to move back to India for medical reasons. They are now back to UK in 2022. They have been on PBS-dependant VISA all these years (including an extension in 2019). After this, I've got an ILR.

Their VISAs are due to expiry in Sep 2022. My question is now that I'm on ILR, what type of VISA do they need?
And I presume since they don't meet the continuous stay in UK (due to absences from Apr 2019- Mar 2022), they cannot apply for ILR. Is that correct?

Further, assuming they need to apply for another extension of dependant VISA, I've got the following questions:

1) Should they apply for extension under a 'FamilyRoute'?
2) My wife has a post graduate degree from India. Does she definitely need a Ecctis certificate to prove her English efficiency?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Adi

secret.simon

Re: Family VISA for ILR dependant

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:42 pm

adi27 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:14 pm
My question is now that I'm on ILR, what type of VISA do they need?
How did you acquire ILR?
If you acquired ILR via Tier 2/the PBS route, they continue on the PBS Dependent visas until they acquire ILR.
If you acquired ILR via the 10 year Long Residence route, they will need to switch over to the Family dependent visa route and their ILR immigration clock restarts from zero.
adi27 wrote:
I presume since they don't meet the continuous stay in UK (due to absences from Apr 2019- Mar 2022), they cannot apply for ILR.
I'll leave that for others to respond to as I am not sure on this point.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pm

adi27 wrote:
Hello,

My family - wife, 2 children have moved to UK on Tier2 - Gen dependant VISA back in 2015. They were here until mid of 2019 which is when they had to move back to India for medical reasons. They are now back to UK in 2022. They have been on PBS-dependant VISA all these years (including an extension in 2019). After this, I've got an ILR.

Their VISAs are due to expiry in Sep 2022. My question is now that I'm on ILR, what type of VISA do they need?
And I presume since they don't meet the continuous stay in UK (due to absences from Apr 2019- Mar 2022), they cannot apply for ILR. Is that correct?

Further, assuming they need to apply for another extension of dependant VISA, I've got the following questions:

1) Should they apply for extension under a 'FamilyRoute'?
2) My wife has a post graduate degree from India. Does she definitely need a Ecctis certificate to prove her English efficiency?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Adi
Read page 11 for Break in continuous residence
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:57 pm

Thanks both. I'm going for a extension now. @secret.simon

I've got my ILR through Tier2/PBS route. So, as per your advice I'm going to take PBS -dependant route. Thanks for the advice, I was under the impression I should take 'Family Route'.

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Sorry, I've got a follow up question. I've started the application under PBS route as advised. But, I see few questions regarding COS time period, job code etc under the section - "Partner application details".

I can provide these from my previous COS, but wanted to check if I am on the right track?

Is there no way I can convey the fact that now I'm on ILR, i.e, I no longer have a Sponsor as I shifted to another job.

TIA for any further advice, thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:31 pm

adi27 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:10 pm
Sorry, I've got a follow up question. I've started the application under PBS route as advised. But, I see few questions regarding COS time period, job code etc under the section - "Partner application details".

I can provide these from my previous COS, but wanted to check if I am on the right track? :?: Yes

Is there no way I can convey the fact that now I'm on ILR, i.e, I no longer have a Sponsor as I shifted to another job.
HO holds the records of your status already, remember they granted it to you.
TIA for any further advice, thanks!

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:12 pm

Thank you @AmazonianX

I'm a bit confused on the questions around "partner details" and with the following on IHS form
"You're joining or remaining with this person in the UK".

1) What VISA type should I be selecting here i.e on the IHS form? It's no longer showing an option for Tier2 General which was my VISA when I last extended my family's PBS dependant visas. It however shows options for Tier2 Dependant, but that doesn't apply to me. Should I be selecting it as 'Skilled Worker' because Tier 2 has now been changed to this type if my understanding is correct?

2)It's also asking about my wife's work start and end dates. She is currently a house wife, so what should I be doing? I believe I can enter my work start/end dates, but being self-employed on ILR, I am not sure I've got any end dates yet. Am I meant to enter my old work dates i.e when I was on Tier2?

Thanks for any advice!

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:12 pm

adi27 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:12 pm
Thank you @AmazonianX

I'm a bit confused on the questions around "partner details" and with the following on IHS form
"You're joining or remaining with this person in the UK".

1) What VISA type should I be selecting here i.e on the IHS form? It's no longer showing an option for Tier2 General which was my VISA when I last extended my family's PBS dependant visas. It however shows options for Tier2 Dependant, but that doesn't apply to me. Should I be selecting it as 'Skilled Worker' because Tier 2 has now been changed to this type if my understanding is correct?

2)It's also asking about my wife's work start and end dates. She is currently a house wife, so what should I be doing? I believe I can enter my work start/end dates, but being self-employed on ILR, I am not sure I've got any end dates yet. Am I meant to enter my old work dates i.e when I was on Tier2?

Thanks for any advice!
Just click on the green bit and move and do not add anymore information otherwise it will double the IHS fee up.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:08 pm

Sorry, one more question - If I want to apply for the PBS dependant visa extensions for my wife and children, do I have to do it through two separate applications - one for spouse and one for children , as I don't see the form for PBS dependant partner allowing the addition of any dependant children . However the form for children is allowing to add a PBS dependant partner at the end of the application, but on the IHS form it is showing child as main applicant and my spouse as dependant. I'm really confused, please help, thanks.

So to summarise, is there a single form which can be used for applying for the whole family while being in UK?

I see only two options:

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... hild_in_uk

OR

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... tner_in_uk

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:18 pm

I've tried form2 i.e as Dependant Partner and added details of my children as co-applications, but the IHS form says "You don't have any dependants". Any idea what I may have missed? The form looks all correct to me.

Please suggest, my application is stuck at this point, thanks for any help!

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:27 pm

I've stumbled upon this link weblink removed by moderator. I think I am facing same issue. Is this true? I'm surprised as to how a bug as critical as this can stay on for so long. Anyway, if this is true, do I have to apply for my children again separately? If so what form should I use? Has anyone experienced this before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:39 pm

adi27 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:18 pm
I've tried form2 i.e as Dependant Partner and added details of my children as co-applications, but the IHS form says "You don't have any dependants". Any idea what I may have missed? The form looks all correct to me.

Please suggest, my application is stuck at this point, thanks for any help!
You have to complete separate forms for each applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:28 am

So, I tried creating two separate applications, one for my spouse and one for both of my children. However, while creating application for my children, I noticed that the form is allowing to add a 'PBS dependant partner' as another applicant and showing the fees correctly for all 3 applicants (spouse and 2 children) on the IHS page unlike what it did in case of my spouse's application where it did not show the fees my dependant children. Only odd thing about this particular IHS form is that showing my spouse and another child as dependants to my first child. The good thing however is that it seems to be calculating the IHS fees correctly, so for e.g it's charging higher fees for my spouse compared to the fees for my children. This all seems correct to me. So, I am OK to proceed with this application and discard the other application for my spouse? OR is it that I've still apply via two separate forms - one for my spouse and other for my two children. I'm just worried that if I apply separately for my spouse and children, they might end up getting different biometric appointment.

I was hoping the website is bit more clear on what the expectations are, it is so confusing/buggy.

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:10 pm

Anyone who may have faced similar issues, may please kindly share their information please, many thanks.

And also thanks to everyone who has answered my previous queries - much appreciated!

adi27
India

Post by adi27 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:16 pm

For everyone's benefit, I have submitted two separate applications, one for my spouse and other for my two children. Paid all the IHS and application fees, received acknowledgement emails.I've also uploaded all the documentation.

However, the application for children is now asking me to book a UKVCAS appointment (in person). The standard fee is £132 per applicant :-(. I thought the IHS and application fees are the last ones to burn my pocket, but not to be case.

Also, confused about verification through UKVCAS IDV app. I've not received any notification on this type, but should I wait for further communication or shall I go ahead and book the UKVCAS Service Point immediately?

And what about the application of my spouse, would that not need a similar appointment?

adi27
India

IHS Top up key has been cancelled

Post by adi27 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:09 pm

Hello,
After waiting for 3 months on my children's PBS dependant child application, I have finally received some communication from the home office and it asked me to pay the adjustment amount for the increased IHS fee for two of my dependant children.However, I made a mistake of checking it before doing the payment and I've been getting the error "Top up key has been cancelled" since then.I have called the contact number e.g, 0300 790 6268. This number always hangs up after playing an automated message saying our application being looked at, which I don't trust. I've also tried emailing ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gov.uk, ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk, but all in vain as I did not get any response. I am clueless as to what to be done. I am ready to pay but with no means of communication, how am I supposed to do that? I expected a lot better service support after paying so much of money.

I've also taken a pain of speaking to an human rep through their paid line which costed my £12 for about 15min of call. They however seem clueless although the suggested me to try out paying through the link www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds. But this link calculates the IHS amount based on the visa type and only allows to pay the full IHS fee. I've already paid that, so this route seems like a dead end too.

Looks like most of the applicants are facing this issue, but going through the forum, I could not find a definitive answer from anyone who has managed to get over this.

Is there anyone on the group who can point me in the right direction. Obviously, like everyone else I don't want to be at risk of getting the visa rejected after so much of a wait and money drain. Will appreciate any advice, TIA.

Regards,
Adi

adi27
India

Re: IHS Top up key has been cancelled

Post by adi27 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:36 pm

Any advice on this please?

Anthony86
United Kingdom

Re: IHS Top up key has been cancelled

Post by Anthony86 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:11 pm

I have seen this question posted before but not sure there is an answer. Such a ridiculous state of affairs at UKVI. You may be better off cancelling your original applications and reapplying with the correct fees (only do this if your leave to stay has not already expired). The money will be refunded (though likely not anytime soon and not without a lot of follow up).