ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue in the Surname - Is Missing Space a problem

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

innovinity
Mood:
United Kingdom

Issue in the Surname - Is Missing Space a problem

Post by innovinity » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:12 am

Hi,

I am gearing up for my Skilled Worker visa application from abroad and I have noticed an issue with my degree certificate.

My Surname consists of two words and on my passport, these two words are separated using a space whereas, on my degree certificate, the space is missing.

Example:
Surname on Passport: John Dee
Surname on Degree Certificate: JohnDee

I would be sending my degree certificate to Ecctis and then to UKVI as part of my skilled worker visa application.

I can try to get my name corrected on the degree certificate but this will take some time.

I was wondering if the missing space is an issue?
Should I write an explanatory note pointing out the difference stating errors from the university?
Should I also ask my employer to add my Full Name + Surname without the space on the CoS as an alternative name?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Issue in the Surname - Is Missing Space a problem

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:42 am

innovinity wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:12 am
Hi,

I am gearing up for my Skilled Worker visa application from abroad and I have noticed an issue with my degree certificate.

My Surname consists of two words and on my passport, these two words are separated using a space whereas, on my degree certificate, the space is missing.

Example:
Surname on Passport: John Dee
Surname on Degree Certificate: JohnDee

I would be sending my degree certificate to Ecctis and then to UKVI as part of my skilled worker visa application.

I can try to get my name corrected on the degree certificate but this will take some time.

I was wondering if the missing space is an issue?
Should I write an explanatory note pointing out the difference stating errors from the university?
Should I also ask my employer to add my Full Name + Surname without the space on the CoS as an alternative name?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
That's not a problem. Your official name is what you have on your government documents like your Passport and birth certificate. Those little errors can be explained away as simple typos.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!