ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Submission Confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BlackDahlia
Germany

Acknowledgment Email

Post by BlackDahlia » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi all,

I read on this forum that some people receive an acknowledgment email as soon as or a few days after submitting their citizenship application. In my case, I received absolutely no communication whatsoever - just the UKVCAS email immediately after submitting enabling me to book the biometric appointment. Is there something I should be worried about here?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Acknowledgment Email

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:23 pm

I think that’s the only email most applicants get. There won’t be a separate acknowledgment from UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:30 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:23 pm
I think that’s the only email most applicants get. There won’t be a separate acknowledgment from UKVI.
Ah thank you for clarifying. I somehow thought that applicants also receive another acknowledgement from UKVI. That’s a relief then, thank you! This whole process is so stressful - I need to stop thinking about it :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:09 pm

We've been there, done that, got the t-shirt ....
Definitely not a comforting process - we get more emails posting a parcel these days than spending a big fee with the Home Office and no decent comms.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BlackDahlia
Germany

UKVCAS Submission Confirmation

Post by BlackDahlia » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Hello dear members,

I attended my biometrics appointment today but unfortunately haven’t received any confirmation email that the application has been submitted to UKVI and I am really worried.

I am particularly worried because the UKVCAS staff member told me that there was a problem flagged about my name and he didn’t know what it was since it matched my passport. He then proposed trying to make changes but I asked not to change anything as I didn’t want to create any discrepancies with the passport. He then put a note and submitted an extra document stating that he could not change the name as it matched the passport. I am now worried that my application got stuck somewhere - although he did confirm that all is fine. Any suggestions on what I should do now? I honestly don’t know why the entire process is so stressful and why there isn’t any proper means of communication.

Thank you so much in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS Submission Confirmation

Post by Ticktack » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:11 pm

BlackDahlia wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:19 pm
Hello dear members,

I attended my biometrics appointment today but unfortunately haven’t received any confirmation email that the application has been submitted to UKVI and I am really worried.

I am particularly worried because the UKVCAS staff member told me that there was a problem flagged about my name and he didn’t know what it was since it matched my passport. He then proposed trying to make changes but I asked not to change anything as I didn’t want to create any discrepancies with the passport. He then put a note and submitted an extra document stating that he could not change the name as it matched the passport. I am now worried that my application got stuck somewhere - although he did confirm that all is fine. Any suggestions on what I should do now? I honestly don’t know why the entire process is so stressful and why there isn’t any proper means of communication.

There's nothing you can do now, but to wait. If there's a problem with your application processing, you would get an email.

You've just got to trust the process.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

BlackDahlia
Germany

Re: UKVCAS Submission Confirmation

Post by BlackDahlia » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:11 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:11 pm
BlackDahlia wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:19 pm
Hello dear members,

There's nothing you can do now, but to wait. If there's a problem with your application processing, you would get an email.

You've just got to trust the process.
Thank you for your reply, which I very much appreciate. I think I am simply anxious over the entire process as I had bad luck with HO for a very long time, so can't wait for this journey to be finally over and I don't have to go through these processes again. You're right, all what I can do now is wait and hope that my application lands in the hands of a nice caseworker, who wouldn't let me wait for a very very long time. Fingers crossed.