ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT VALIDITY!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sumeets
Newly Registered

PASSPORT VALIDITY!!!!!

Post by sumeets » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi,
I am very curious and wanted help in regards with the validity of the paspport.....if i have got a visa stamped in DEC 08 and Teir 1 visa is for 3 yrs.....my passport is valid till 2013....will i have any problems in getting extension on teir 1 for another 2 yrs... or has anybody come accross a situation like this please guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Sumeet

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:24 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Preprem
Newly Registered

Post by Preprem » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:20 am

Transfer your visa to a new passport

You do not need to have your residence permit (known as leave to remain) transferred to your new passport but you can do this if you wish

read more from

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... opassport/

SONU76
Newly Registered

Post by SONU76 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 am

hi friends,

myself & my husband have submitted our passports for HSMP visa (tier I now) stamping....but both the passports carrying an expiry of Dec 2010.

1) will they stamp the visa for 3 years on the passports which will expire in 2 years from now ?

2) if we get the visa. then what problems we could face after 2 years (i.e. expiry of passports) in UK.

really puzzled and need ur help

SONU

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:23 pm

SONU76 wrote:1) will they stamp the visa for 3 years on the passports which will expire in 2 years from now ?
Yes they will
SONU76 wrote:2) if we get the visa. then what problems we could face after 2 years (i.e. expiry of passports) in UK.
None. You will have to get a new passport issued from your embassy. Thereafter you might want to carry both passports with you or you can get the VISA transferredto your new passports
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Also see this
1.12 - Transferring a visa to a new passport [Updated]
If a traveller's passport expires during the validity of the multiple entry visa, it may be transferred to a new passport for the remaining period without payment of a further fee. The visa on the expired passport should be cancelled.
regards,
push

SONU76
Newly Registered

Post by SONU76 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Push_HSMP,

Thanks for your kind reply. I understood it well now.

since ur in london, how do u find the market scenario.....is it right time to come to london under HSMP ?

thanks
sonu

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:19 am

since ur in london, how do u find the market scenario.....
M in banking and I can tell you its bleeding right now. Retail/Real Estate is also in bad shape.
is it right time to come to london under HSMP ?
I would say it is pretty much a personal decision. No one can time the market. Thinks dont look good these days. Ppl say that US will come out of recession soon but UK will suffer for long.

Anyways this is not the right thread to discuss this point. You can get better answers if you post the query in a relevant theread.
regards,
push