ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to add applicant name on referee declaration form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Forgot to add applicant name on referee declaration form

Post by Sam1199 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:55 am

Hi,

Can I please have advice what happens if forgot to add applicant name on the referee declaration form? The application and documents have been submitted.

The form had applicant photo glued also the referee name, signatures and date. Do I need to inform ukvi about this error or I should ignore ?

Thanks for your help.
Sam

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Forgot to add applicant name on referee declaration form

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:28 am

Impossible to say whether or not this is an issue.
You could email UKVI explaining - use one or all of these email addresses:
british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:51 pm

I empathize with this, as this almost happened to me. It's easy to miss since they don't highlight the line were you are supposed to fill in the applicant name. It was my referee who pointed it out!

From other posts it seems that when a referee is found not to be suitable, they inform the applicant to submit an alternative referee and form. So, I'm guessing, if at all there is a problem with the form itself, they'll just let you know and ask you to amend and send the form again.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:24 pm

I guess I’ll be sending them an amended one via post and email the same so they pick it up in the early stages of application.

Sam1199
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1199 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:01 pm

Just an update, after sending the amended forms via email and post, the application finally got approved on time.