ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 month requirment with a month apart??

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

white_angel72
Newly Registered

12 month requirment with a month apart??

Post by white_angel72 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Hey,
My partner and I are applying for an interdependancy visa soon. We have lived together for about 18 months now, but are worried about a month we had apart about 4 months ago, as I went travelling around Europe and she stayed at home due to work commitments. And I had been planning the trip before I met her. We have emails and postcards etc while I was travelling. Do you think this will be ok or will it pose a problem?Thanks for your help

imsocute
Newly Registered

Re: 12 month requirment with a month apart??

Post by imsocute » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:13 am

white_angel72 wrote:Hey,
My partner and I are applying for an interdependancy visa soon. We have lived together for about 18 months now, but are worried about a month we had apart about 4 months ago, as I went travelling around Europe and she stayed at home due to work commitments. And I had been planning the trip before I met her. We have emails and postcards etc while I was travelling. Do you think this will be ok or will it pose a problem?Thanks for your help
Hi, we were in the same shoes right now. Me and my interdependent partner are already 5 years on our relationship and lived together from 2004-2007. We went to Dubai together but due to work assignment I was assigned in Abu Dhabi for more than 1 year now. I asked an agent if before if this was ok and he said, for as long as your relationship continues to be genuine and communication is open and if it is work related then, there wont be any problems. And also, the DIAC, did not specify that you need to live together in one house. I think they stated that the relationship should be continuing, and genuine. Are you a he or she?