ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on British Passport to Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

parlahore2000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Travel on British Passport to Pakistan

Post by parlahore2000 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:54 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
My brother now got British Nationality, before BC he was on DLR 6 years route then on ILR, my brother was applied Asylum but refused and on later stage Home Office granted DLR on the basis of ‘Out of the Immigration Rules’. After granting DLR & ILR he went to Pakistan 1+1 time (2 times), now he planning to go again for 2 weeks on British Passport with Pakistani National identity card (NICOP) but someone said they will ask you question on immigration counter here in UK after arrival from Pakistan whereas twice he went to Pakistan and no one been asked any question except how to get ILR (he said on the basis of DLR 6 years route).
Please advice.
Regards,

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Travel on British Passport to Pakistan

Post by Ticktack » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:22 pm

parlahore2000 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:54 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,
My brother now got British Nationality, before BC he was on DLR 6 years route then on ILR, my brother was applied Asylum but refused and on later stage Home Office granted DLR on the basis of ‘Out of the Immigration Rules’. After granting DLR & ILR he went to Pakistan 1+1 time (2 times), now he planning to go again for 2 weeks on British Passport with Pakistani National identity card (NICOP) but someone said they will ask you question on immigration counter here in UK after arrival from Pakistan whereas twice he went to Pakistan and no one been asked any question except how to get ILR (he said on the basis of DLR 6 years route).
Please advice.
Regards,
Tell him to stop listening to someone.

He's now British. He would probably use the E-gates and doesn't need to talk to anyone when he arrives in the UK. Even if he did, he doesn't owe anyone any explanations. He can do as he wishes and go anywhere he wishes.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

parlahore2000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by parlahore2000 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:39 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:22 pm
parlahore2000 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please advice.
Regards,

He's now British. He would probably use the E-gates and doesn't need to talk to anyone when he arrives in the UK. Even if he did, he doesn't owe anyone any explanations. He can do as he wishes and go anywhere he wishes.
Thank you so much dear..... for safe side if they ask you were on Asylum to fear of persecution? What answer he give to them please.
Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:41 pm

You are overthinking completely!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

parlahore2000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by parlahore2000 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:41 pm
You are overthinking completely!!!
Thank you Madam x

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:11 pm

parlahore2000 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:39 pm
Ticktack wrote:
parlahore2000 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please advice.
Regards,

Thank you so much dear..... for safe side if they ask you were on Asylum to fear of persecution? What answer he give to them please.
Regards,
It is very rare but can happen as under hostile environment anything is possible.We have seen British born being stripped of citizenship .In your case only a weird officer can stop & ask something about immigration history.The reason his questioning would be reasonless is that your brother wasn't granted asylum then what's the point to ask about something they haven't admitted.Even in the event If asylum was granted there is no barrier to visiting home country with a British passport provided there has been a change in the circumstances of the country or the person.Asylum is not a full stop ,yes of course a person can move on. Your brother is fine to travel to home country for as long as he wants.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:19 am

parlahore2000 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
parlahore2000 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please advice.
Regards,

Regards,
Simple, he can tell them that he's not an asylum seeker anymore. He/she is now a British Citizen and is protected by the full weight of the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

Let them ponder on that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

parlahore2000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by parlahore2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 am

London22 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:11 pm
parlahore2000 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
parlahore2000 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please advice.
Regards,

Regards,

It is very rare but can happen as under hostile environment anything is possible.We have seen British born being stripped of citizenship .In your case only a weird officer can stop & ask something about immigration history.The reason his questioning would be reasonless is that your brother wasn't granted asylum then what's the point to ask about something they haven't admitted.Even in the event If asylum was granted there is no barrier to visiting home country with a British passport provided there has been a change in the circumstances of the country or the person.Asylum is not a full stop ,yes of course a person can move on. Your brother is fine to travel to home country for as long as he wants.
Thank you so much. Regards

parlahore2000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by parlahore2000 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 am

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:19 am
parlahore2000 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
parlahore2000 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Please advice.
Regards,

Regards,
Simple, he can tell them that he's not an asylum seeker anymore. He/she is now a British Citizen and is protected by the full weight of the government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

Let them ponder on that.
Dear thank you so much. God bless you. Regards,