ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revenue documents as proof of residence for non-working spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chaikhosi
Newly Registered

Revenue documents as proof of residence for non-working spouse

Post by chaikhosi » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:18 pm

Can a non-working spouse use tax documents (under joint taxation) as proof of residence for Irish naturalisation? I wasn't in work after arriving in Ireland, first due to childcare, then lockdowns. Now back to work, but it was much longer to stay out than I had planned for.

I have P21 forms in my own name showing my spouse's earnings. Also have the Employment Detail Summaries for the same period, with my PSN at the top, but those don't show anyone's name or address.

Wanted to check if anyone has been approved on that basis. If I can't use them, I don't have enough qualifying points for 2020, so I need to plan on waiting an extra year to apply.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Revenue documents as proof of residence for non-working spouse

Post by meself2 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:40 pm

and that we don't know! scorecard system has been in place since the start of this year only, so there's only 3 approved cases at the moment in total with new document requirements? I'd expect them to be very straightforward
you can always send an email to citizenshipinfo, you lose nothing
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ankuagg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ankuagg » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:57 pm

chaikhosi wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:18 pm
Can a non-working spouse use tax documents (under joint taxation) as proof of residence for Irish naturalisation? I wasn't in work after arriving in Ireland, first due to childcare, then lockdowns. Now back to work, but it was much longer to stay out than I had planned for.

I have P21 forms in my own name showing my spouse's earnings. Also have the Employment Detail Summaries for the same period, with my PSN at the top, but those don't show anyone's name or address.

Wanted to check if anyone has been approved on that basis. If I can't use them, I don't have enough qualifying points for 2020, so I need to plan on waiting an extra year to apply.
yes you can. atleast document is on your name

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:12 pm

For people who can’t get to 150 points, the more documents they send the better. INIS cannot reject an application unless they have reasonable doubts that you are not living in the state.