ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using previous IELTS Academic result for Skilled Worker Visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sailor_1
Newly Registered
Turkey

Using previous IELTS Academic result for Skilled Worker Visa extension

Post by sailor_1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm on Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa for more than two years. I submitted IELTS Academic (not IELTS Academic for UKVI) to prove my knowledge of English during my first visa application in 2020, and it was accepted. I obtained my test result from one of the HO's approved test providers in Turkey.

I'm now planning to submit an application to change my employer associated with my visa. Since I have met the English requirement during my previous successful application, I should be exempt from English language requirement for the extension application.

However, since IELTS Academic is not one of the approved SELTs for Skilled Worker Visa, I'm worried. What would you suggest for my case?

Many thanks and best regards,

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Using previous IELTS Academic result for Skilled Worker Visa extension

Post by lolo2 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:52 pm

You're worrying for a wrong reason, you don't need any English test certificate to apply for an extension of your skilled worker visa.

sailor_1
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Using previous IELTS Academic result for Skilled Worker Visa extension

Post by sailor_1 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My previous result will probably be checked for the extension (please see page 12 of the document in the link below).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

I applied for a Skilled Worker Visa to do a PhD. My test result have probably been accepted because IELTS Academic is acceptable for Tier 4 student visa applications. However, I'm not sure, it might not be the case.