ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW invalid, no appeal form, forgot Police Reg. Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

PSW invalid, no appeal form, forgot Police Reg. Certificate

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:44 pm

I hate to start a new topic if the problem I've already answered in another topic. I read most of the the topics in the forum about PSW refusals but could not find anything like my problem (regarding Police Registration Certificate) so I'm starting a new topic. Any help appreciated :roll:

My PSW applicaton was invalid because I forgot to send my Police Registration Certificate (because of misguidence from my university's stupid international advisor). I sent my application at the end of October and received my documents and decision back on 13.12.2008 (they did not send an appeal form). My Visa expired during that time (31.10.2008).

I want to re-apply. The only solution seems like, I have to go back to my country and re-apply from there. But to do that, I need to wait at least 3 months, because (as you know, after 31st of October) now my balance must show that I've had at least £2800 in my account at all times over the 3 month period.

Problem is, I'm working in a non-permanent job and don't want to lose it (because it may be permanent in the future, you know how hard to find a new job these days..). And also, I don't want go back to my country and wait for at least 3 months without doing nothing.

So yesterday, I filled another application form and prepared all my documents (including Police Registration Certificate !) again, also wrote letter explaning my situation. Should I send them again or is it a bad idea because my Visa is already expired (so they'll refuse it again) ?..

Please help people :shock:

Kev-in
Newly Registered

Re: PSW invalid, no appeal form, forgot Police Reg. Certific

Post by Kev-in » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Dear RaMaDaFunkie,

Im not sure if my suggestions here would be of an help but nevertheless i'll still try. I know the anxiety and frustration you are going through right now. Many of us on the forum are facing the same situation as i can see the number of refusals keep getting higher.

In your case, its sad that you haven't received send an appeal form. As far as im aware to re-apply you need to be on a valid visa (i.e if you had applied earlier and your student visa had not expired in October you would have a chance to re-apply again. But thats not the case with you, i would suggest you to try and get some advice from some solicitor on what needs to be done next.

Or try calling the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 to seek further help.(this number will also be mentioned on your refusal letter)

Thanks, Would appreciate if you could please keep us updated, as it would help others in a similar situation. Thanks again.

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Thank you ver much for your fast reply. I will talk with a solicitor and update you.

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:37 pm

After talking with two solicitors, I decided to re-apply.

Both of them said that it is OK send another applicaton within 28 days of decision date, even if the Visa expired.

I just came from post office. Sent the application and waiting. Fingers crossed :?

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi again people

Yesterday (18.12.2008), I received a confirmation letter from UK Border Agency saying that, they received my application.

I think it's gonna take at least 5-6 weeks until they process my application.

Victory
Newly Registered

Post by Victory » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:42 pm

RaMaDaFunkie wrote:Hi again people

Yesterday (18.12.2008), I received a confirmation letter from UK Border Agency saying that, they received my application.

I think it's gonna take at least 5-6 weeks until they process my application.
Hi RaMaDaFunkie, could u pls let know has your second application been considered by HO and what's the decision?

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Second application also refused due to the fact that my balance was not showing that I've had at least £800 in my account at all times over the 3 month period...

They also sent my passport and police registration form to my local enforcement office ! I called them, they got my phone number and told me that they'll call me back...

Also they did not give me the right to appeal and on the letter it says; I have to leave the country ASAP (..I don't know how, without my passport !)

Anyway, so it is not a happy ending.. I'm trying to go back to my country now. I also don't know if I'll re-apply again or not, I think they'll refuse it again because I've already refused 2 times.

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Do you have any idea why did they send my passport and police registration form to my local enforcement office ?

Victory
Newly Registered

Post by Victory » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:32 pm

RaMaDaFunkie wrote:Do you have any idea why did they send my passport and police registration form to my local enforcement office ?
It's sad and not fair. I think u have the right to appeal, I don't think that u loose something if u do that. HO could send yr docs to the police to get rid of u and scare u in that way. often we don't know about our rights that we do have and HO doesn't really want us to know that. Better ask the solicitor about yr right to appeal, print the form from AIT site and apply. But u should be very careful when putting the grounds of appeal on the application form. Good luck to u

Victory
Newly Registered

Post by Victory » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:37 pm

If I know sth that can help u i'll let u know

Victory
Newly Registered

Post by Victory » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:49 pm

I just don't understand how those "solicitos" could advise u to reapply again?! Then at the time of yr second application new rule about 3 month period of funds has been already the must. I suppose u should have appealed instead of reapplication. And if u have the right to appeal now then u should appeal against the HO's 1st decision not the second one.

Victory
Newly Registered

Post by Victory » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:55 pm

From the other side, if u leave the uk in time without violation of any immigration rules then if u really want to get PSW, put money, wait 3 months and apply. i know people who applied several times outside the uk before they got PSW

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah that's what I'm planning to do..

I already put money to my bank account in December (after first refusal) and will apply in the middle of March.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the help.

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:43 am

RaMaDaFunkie wrote:Yeah that's what I'm planning to do..

I already put money to my bank account in December (after first refusal) and will apply in the middle of March.
..but I am not sure if this is realistic or not ? I've called UK Border Agency and they said, they sent my police registration form and passport to Croydon, Electric House (I think it is the Border and Immigration Agency office).

They told me to go there and show them a plane ticket being bought back to my country so they'll send my passport to airport.

Basically, it seems like, I am being removed (or departed, don't know the difference really !) from the country because I overstayed ..

As I said, my plan is to re-apply after going back to my country but what do you think guys, is this realistic or am I going to be banned from re-entering UK for sometime ? Do you know any example like this happened before ?

iuezz
Newly Registered

Post by iuezz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:26 am

Reading all this, I must admit I could see how frustrating you re going through at the moment, i hope you keep your head up and be positive as one says: "one door closed, another door open"
About your situation, all i can say is that it was a bad move for u to reapply PSW in 2nd time as your visa already expired and therefore, the HO might treated you as illegal immigration up-to-now,therefore they took the step that is what happening to u right now. I think you should do what to do, go back to your country and take it from there, i think it is the best!

RaMaDaFunkie
Newly Registered

Post by RaMaDaFunkie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Thankfully home office did not remove/deport me and gave my passport back in Croydon (they told me that they've been harsh to me by refusing my Visa 2 times already !).

After that, I went back to my country and re-applied again and got the Visa in 3 weeks time. Happy ending I guess. Thanks for all the help and support.

Victory
Newly Registered

Post by Victory » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

RaMaDaFunkie wrote:Thankfully home office did not remove/deport me and gave my passport back in Croydon (they told me that they've been harsh to me by refusing my Visa 2 times already !).

After that, I went back to my country and re-applied again and got the Visa in 3 weeks time. Happy ending I guess. Thanks for all the help and support.
Congrats! Welcome on board!

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:24 am

RaMaDaFunkie wrote:Thankfully home office did not remove/deport me and gave my passport back in Croydon (they told me that they've been harsh to me by refusing my Visa 2 times already !).

happy ending buddy.... a long tiring struggle.... congrats