ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ihs refund

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shohjura
United Kingdom

Paid enquiry

Post by shohjura » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:07 am

Hi guys
My wife applied for family visa back in june outside the uk, i want to make a paid enquiry to ask about status of her application, how is it done? Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Paid enquiry

Post by meself2 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:13 am

Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

shohjura
United Kingdom

How to escalate my case

Post by shohjura » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Hey guys
So we applied for wife’s visa on 27 june (bios on 11 july), i called up ukvi customer service today and they informed me decision has been made on 22 nov (don’t know if successful or not). No decision email or docs have been received. Even got mp to email them on 1 dec not knowing case has been decided. Emailed customer service as well yesterday and they said they will ask to escalate for decision letter and docs to be provided. What is the best way to escalate this case as we don’t have any correspondence with Sheffield, many thanks

shohjura
United Kingdom

Ihs refund

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi
Ihs fee has been refunded for my wife’s spouce visa app without any information about decision letter or any correspondence, does it mean it has been rejected?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ihs refund

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:13 pm

Possibly a rejection yes

Did she meet the ukvi approved A1 English test requirement?

Did you meet the financial requirement and submit the required minimum 6 months evidence?

Did you prove adequate accommodation and submit evidence?

Did you submit evidence of subsisting relationship?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:16 pm

6 months payslip yes
Marriage cert
She had ielts 3.5 which was enough for her to meet english req
Nothing else was asked in terms of accommodation proof or marriage, we are both from the same country
And no decision letter has been received either so completely in the dark and depressed about it

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:22 pm

6 months payslip yes
What about the corresponding 6onths bank statements and employers letter? Presumably a UK job and not one abroad?
Marriage cert
Nothing else was asked in terms of accommodation proof or marriage, we are both from the same country
Makes no difference if you are from the same country. Do you mean the checklist didn't state the additional documents for accommodation and subsisting relationship?? The checklist is generic. You should follow what ukvi guidance states. A marriage cert in its own is insufficient (anyone can be married but not be in a auabaiating relationship) and you would be required to submit evidence of adequate accommodation.
And no decision letter has been received either so completely in the dark and depressed about it
Probably still on the way for when passport is collected.

Looking at your posting history, you have not asked any questions or help on the spouse visa process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:28 pm

I thought it was just a straightforward application, there was nothing about the evidence of accommodation or relationshp, I thought they would ask for them if they had questions about it rather than rejecting it flat, on top of making us wait for 6 months

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:41 pm

All detailed in the appendix FM documents in link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members

Assuming also of course that you were both free to marry, ie not married previously or if you were, legally divorced and evidence provided.

How long have you been married?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:12 pm

Not married before, we married on june and applied for visa a month after, need to look into documentation again, will post questions as I should have done in the first place

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:42 pm

Just assuming app rejected because of lack of proof of relationship or accommodation evidence (are they not supposed to ask for these docs if they needed rather than rejecting the app flatly like this) can i appeal it by applying with the required docs and what is the processing time for that? Or do i need to reapply?

shohjura
United Kingdom

Re: reapplication for spouse visa

Post by shohjura » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 pm

hi guys,
just looking at the required docs again to get my head around for what is needed, does the accommodation proof needs to be submitted even if my annual salary is in the £40k range (UK company, unfortunately only submitted payslips, not company letter or bank statements, having not seen the other guidance docs until you pointed them to me)?

And what proof I need to provide to prove the genuineness of our marriage apart from the marriage cert? We were engaged like a year ago, but had to live separately until our wedding in June, so have lived together for around 3 months in between so far, so have photos, large wedding ceremony video, text messages etc (haven't sent her money though as I send it to mother usually), many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:24 am

shohjura wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 pm
hi guys,
just looking at the required docs again to get my head around for what is needed, does the accommodation proof needs to be submitted even if my annual salary is in the £40k range Yes(UK company, unfortunately only submitted payslips, not company letter or bank statements, having not seen the other guidance docs until you pointed them to me)? A pitfall which a forum like this fills the gap for when questions are asked, the UK immigration is not the most straightforward of processes[highlight].

And what proof I need to provide to prove the genuineness of our marriage apart from the marriage cert? We were engaged like a year ago, but had to live separately until our wedding in June, so have lived together for around 3 months in between so far, so have photos, large wedding ceremony video, text messages etc (haven't sent her money though as I send it to mother usually), many thanks Those things you mentioned above and ongoing communication when provided as evidence proves subsisting relationship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:06 am

shohjura wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 pm
the £40k range (UK company, unfortunately only submitted payslips, not company letter or bank statements, having not seen the other guidance docs until you pointed them to me)?
Unsure how you missed it as it is clearly states on the spouse visa website under the give proof or your income section. You didn't even need the guides I posted to know this. The link to the guidance is also included in the ukvi page from which you would have applied.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income
What proof you need to give
You’ll need to provide proof of your income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:

bank statements showing you or your partner’s income
6 months of payslips
a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper

The employer’s letter should confirm:

you or your partner are employed there
the job title or position you or your partner hold
how long you or your partner have worked there
the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
the payslips are genuine

You’ll be told exactly what documents to provide when you apply online.

Check the guidance in appendix FM 1.7: financial requirement
Given the amount of mandatory documents you did not submit, it would be an automatic refusal. Had it been one piece of evidence omitted, you might have been asked for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:18 am

shohjura wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:42 pm
Just assuming app rejected because of lack of proof of relationship or accommodation evidence (are they not supposed to ask for these docs if they needed rather than rejecting the app flatly like this) can i appeal it by applying with the required docs and what is the processing time for that? Or do i need to reapply?
Did they give you an option to appeal? It should have been stated in the rejection letter.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:21 am

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:18 am
shohjura wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:42 pm
Did they give you an option to appeal? It should have been stated in the rejection letter.
OP has stated that they have not received the outcome yet. They have only received the IHS refund so far!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 am

Yeah completely dumb from my side to miss those financial docs, thought only one of them needed😞
Do they give an appeal right if docs are missing?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:59 am

shohjura wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 am
Yeah completely dumb from my side to miss those financial docs, thought only one of them needed😞
Do they give an appeal right if docs are missing?
Usually, you get a full right of appeal. You then have one last chance to get it right again.

You add all the missing documents and more to the appeal bundle.

If it looks good, then it could get overturned, and you would be asked to pay IHS fees again and visa issued.

Good luck.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:07 pm

Thanks, how long is processing time for appeals?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:12 pm

Appeals can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Does it take shorter or longer than 24 weeks as in normal application-ie is it worth appealing or just do fresh application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:34 pm

Sometimes appeals can take up to a year or longer.

I would suggest wait for an outcome letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:58 pm

If finances is not an hindrance, getting all the documents ready and reapplying may end up being faster. Pre covid-19 it takes way longer than reapplying and with the readily available accusing finger being pointed at Covid-19 and Ukrainian assistance, topics and threads on appeal may give you an idea.
MHO anyway.

shohjura
United Kingdom

Post by shohjura » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:28 am

Hey guys,
So i started looking into documents needed for reapplication and could i start with asking question on the accommodation bit:
I rent 1 bedroom in 3 bedroom+1 living room house atm which includes kitche and bathroom, there is 1 more tenant in the house apart from me, is renting 1 bedroom good enough for me and my wife for this application or should I rent 2 rooms to be used ‘exclusively’ by us to be on the safe side? Rooms are all double bedrooms
And what docs i need to produce from landlord-1. One of property deeds, a letter from a bank or building society as to the mortgage arrangements and 2.tenancy agreement or letter from the landlord that i occupy 1 or 2 rooms (whichever appropriate) exclusively? And what format should the letter be, just stating the above plus size of rooms (larger than 50 sq feet) plus signature and date? Does rent price need to be included in the letter?
How about ‘Evidence of housing standards-a genuine and accurate description of the property from a housing authority, bank, or building society’-does this also need to be included?
Your help is much appreciated, thanks!

shohjura
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa reapplication

Post by shohjura » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:54 pm

Hey guys
Just to be sure, what is the required minimum score for IELTS UKVI for spouse visa? Is it 4 in Listening and Speaking and score for Reading&Writing ignored? Thanks