ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bathanza
United Kingdom

FLR M Extension

Post by bathanza » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:53 am

Hi members, the time has come to prepare a FLR M extension for my Dear Husband due in March 2023, we plan to submit for mid Feb within 28 days of the visa expiry.

I've been collating all documents and confident that we are fine for the approval as it's the same set of documents as the FLR FP > FLR M switch, with the addition of the B1 exam (yet to be sat, will be doing that this week)

One SMALL snag - I am on maternity leave! I know the guidance states that one can use 6 months payslips PRIOR to the commencement of maternity leave which I have already downloaded, however I've just checked i'll be given enough wage in the next 3 month payslip before I get the peanut amount of money in the last 3 months of maternity leave allowance.

What are the thoughts of

- providing the latest 6 months payslips - they are variable in the amounts that have been paid as it's a maternity leave schedule - it's above and beyond the financial requirement - and provide a cover letter nicely explaining the different figures + online banking statements + letter of employment.

OR

- 6 payslips prior to mat leave + online banking statements + letter of employment. (probably less hassle?!)

UKVI gives me anxiety always, but I am sure we will be fine, just wanted to gather some thoughts. I've bookmarked another topic from another member who is on mat leave right now and applying but haven't seen an update.

We plan to submit using super priority service. As always, will look forward to helpful member guidance.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M Extension

Post by bathanza » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:45 pm

Just to update I will be providing the 6 payslips before maternity leave - all docs are in order just waiting for Feb 20ish to request my letter of employment then away we submit an application I've prepped for 6 months!

In addition, ive resigned as a director of a company we own as its just too much hassle dealing with all the paperwork.

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:35 am

bathanza wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:45 pm
Just to update I will be providing the 6 payslips before maternity leave - all docs are in order just waiting for Feb 20ish to request my letter of employment then away we submit an application I've prepped for 6 months! Better option with less hassle and clearly accepted by HO for applications

In addition, ive resigned as a director of a company we own as its just too much hassle dealing with all the paperwork.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:56 pm

Feels like a newbie question but OH has a business trip that will bring him back to the UK 5 days before UK visa expiry.

Do we have any issues with the application being submitted as soon as he lands and biometrics are done say after expiry if appointments are not available? I know that biometric appointments can be delayed/weeks in advance and wont be able to book UNTIL the application is submitted (or via IDV app, but we are looking at the super priority service to get a quicker decision)

Thanks in advance for replies

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:06 am

bathanza wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:56 pm
Feels like a newbie question but OH has a business trip that will bring him back to the UK 5 days before UK visa expiry.

Do we have any issues with the application being submitted as soon as he lands and biometrics are done say after expiry if appointments are not available? I know that biometric appointments can be delayed/weeks in advance and wont be able to book UNTIL the application is submitted (or via IDV app, but we are looking at the super priority service to get a quicker decision)

Thanks in advance for replies
There is no issue so far he comes back and submit application before expiry of his current leave.
Once an in time application is made, attending biometrics after expiration not a problem either.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:48 pm

Thank you so much! I have negotiated a return date of 6th March, so gives 9 days to submit the application which I will have ready. I have some buffer in case he's delayed flight wise, I've instructed him to walk back if needed!! (UKVI is so stressful sometimes!)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:49 am

bathanza wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:48 pm
Thank you so much! I have negotiated a return date of 6th March, so gives 9 days to submit the application which I will have ready. I have some buffer in case he's delayed flight wise, I've instructed him to walk back if needed!! :) (UKVI is so stressful sometimes!)
Keep throwing in some humour time to time, you will scale the last hurdle shortly.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:41 am

Filling out the application form finally and I'm thrown off by what looks like trick questions!

Extending or switching to a partner route
Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I have chosen No - as partner has already applied FLR M and granted 2.5 years

Reason for extension

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

Additional extension as a partner

Do I select additional extension as he was on FLR FP 10 year then switched to FLR M, or treat this as a first extension - just a bit thrown by the wording in the bracket that says following an inital period of entry...

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:00 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:41 am
Filling out the application form finally and I'm thrown off by what looks like trick questions!

Extending or switching to a partner route
Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I have chosen No - as partner has already applied FLR M and granted 2.5 years

Reason for extension

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

Additional extension as a partner

Do I select additional extension as he was on FLR FP 10 year then switched to FLR M, or treat this as a first extension - just a bit thrown by the wording in the bracket that says following an inital period of entry...
Additional extention

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Thank you kindly.

There's a section on any refusals too, hubby wanted to go to Morocco for a holiday last year, e visa. Filled it out and little did he realise they need more than 180 validity on the BRP so got rejected. Will need to declare this I guess!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:38 am

bathanza wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:14 pm
Thank you kindly.

There's a section on any refusals too, hubby wanted to go to Morocco for a holiday last year, e visa. Filled it out and little did he realise they need more than 180 validity on the BRP so got rejected. Will need to declare this I guess!
Declare ANY refusal. Will be of no effect on this application.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:14 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:38 am
bathanza wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:14 pm
Thank you kindly.

Declare ANY refusal. Will be of no effect on this application.
Thank you - a lot of boxes were added :) All done now, just awaiting some work related info like email addresses and await husband's return before submitting as he's abroad.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Hello everyone

I am really pleased to update that the FLR M Extension has been approved by UKVI

Application was submitted on Tuesday, 7th March 2023 and started to upload documents.

Last minute additions to the application was to add in high resolution copy of the bio page for myself and my husband. I felt the scans were not sufficient quality and added in the checklist.

Experience at the Premium Lounge was pretty smooth and hilarious. It states applicants only can walk into the center but I walked in too. Was given a number and we wanted to use restroom/have a coffee whilst we wait. Little did we know there were 5 personnel waiting for us to finish off and instructing us to sit down.

The application was sent to UKVI as completed at 12pm on 15th March 2023 and we did not get a same day decision. I did think that the Case Worker would need to just get the a okay from a senior as maternity leave documents were supplied.

Had approval email at 9.18am this morning. There is no approval letter attached, just an email so different from before. I am over the moon that we are successful. He's already studying for the Life in the UK now :)

The only concerns I did have is that the financial requirement questions do ask if you're a director. I said no. As that is the truth of the matter, if you declare directorship there's a HUGE list of documents that is required so I resigned from the ltd company I was managing 4 months ago.

Another source of anxiety is that my last two bank statements had expenses and dividends declared! Oh Lord.

I am happy, and I am thankful we are 2.5 years away from ILR. Thank you so much for all the support.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:41 pm

bathanza wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:53 pm
Hello everyone

I am really pleased to update that the FLR M Extension has been approved by UKVI

Application was submitted on Tuesday, 7th March 2023 and started to upload documents.

Last minute additions to the application was to add in high resolution copy of the bio page for myself and my husband. I felt the scans were not sufficient quality and added in the checklist.

Experience at the Premium Lounge was pretty smooth and hilarious. It states applicants only can walk into the center but I walked in too. Was given a number and we wanted to use restroom/have a coffee whilst we wait. Little did we know there were 5 personnel waiting for us to finish off and instructing us to sit down.

The application was sent to UKVI as completed at 12pm on 15th March 2023 and we did not get a same day decision. I did think that the Case Worker would need to just get the a okay from a senior as maternity leave documents were supplied.

Had approval email at 9.18am this morning. There is no approval letter attached, just an email so different from before. I am over the moon that we are successful. He's already studying for the Life in the UK now :)

The only concerns I did have is that the financial requirement questions do ask if you're a director. I said no. As that is the truth of the matter, if you declare directorship there's a HUGE list of documents that is required indeedso I resigned from the ltd company I was managing 4 months ago.

Another source of anxiety is that my last two bank statements had expenses and dividends declared! Oh Lord.

I am happy, and I am thankful we are 2.5 years away from ILR. Thank you so much for all the support.
Congratulations, not so long to wait.