ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application for stamp 3 status

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship application for stamp 3 status

Post by happyj » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:06 am

Hi,
I am currently on stamp 3 dependent visa but husband recently got his citizenship approved. I have been on stamp 3 for three years now. I was wondering if I can apply for citizenship once he gets his naturalisation certification or do I need to wait another two years. Furthermore, I read online that the spouse of a citizen can apply for citizenship after 3 years. Will I come under this category ?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application for stamp 3 status

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:59 am

Theoretically possible (but you also must be married for 3+ years), but I'm unsure. It states that you have to be married "to an Irish citizen" for at least 3 years and I'm not sure would it still count. Most likely someone else encounter this issue and can give advice.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:02 pm

happyj wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:06 am
Hi,
I am currently on stamp 3 dependent visa but husband recently got his citizenship approved. I have been on stamp 3 for three years now. I was wondering if I can apply for citizenship once he gets his naturalisation certification or do I need to wait another two years. Furthermore, I read online that the spouse of a citizen can apply for citizenship after 3 years. Will I come under this category ?
No until you will be 3 years as spouse of Irish citizen, if he will get it soon, from that count 3 years, it use your own time frame to apply after 5 years, whatever comes first

happyj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by happyj » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Thank you for the reply. I checked with them. Apparently I don't have to wait for another two years. I can apply right away after he receives his certificate. Three years of marriage is what they count for the citizenship. Thank you all.