ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid78

Naturalization query

Post by shahid78 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:15 am

Hi,

My wife and son applied for their naturalization more than six months ago but they have not heard any news from Home office.

May i ask could it take this long? and also is there any email where we can inquire status of application?

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization query

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:53 am

That's nothing unusual - UKVI's target is six months anyway, generally takes anywhere from 2 to 6+ months.
Have a look at the timelines reported: british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p2097848
You can send an email to one or all addresses listed here: british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shahid78

Home Office Query

Post by shahid78 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Hi All,

Home office sent me below queries, I want to seek your help to understand them.

1- They asked me "Passport or travel documents"
I have already sent them not only passports first page but also in and out stamp's pages of Passport, why are they asking again ?

2- They asked "Evidence of continuous residence"
When last time I post here here I was advised that I need to submit passport and in/out stamp's pages to prove "Evidence of continuous residence" why they ask this again? is it only because of first point? They sent me few examples of "Evidence of continuous residence", Please see what Home office gave few examples

Evidence of continuous residence
Evidence that you were living in the United Kingdom between 24/05/2017 to 23/05/2022. Below is a list of the type of evidence that can show you were living in the United Kingdom (UK). You do not have to send everything on this list, one document covering each period is sufficient, for example a P60 will cover a year. If you do not have official evidence for any period, send other evidence you have to show you were living in the UK. If you don’t have any evidence for a particular year, please tell us what you were doing at the time.

The best evidence to send is official documentation which could include:

evidence of employment such as a P60 tax certificate, salary or wage slips, or a letter from your employer confirming the dates you were employed

letters from the Department of Work and Pensions confirming if you received benefits and the dates you received them

pension statements from HM Revenue and Customs confirming the dates of payment of taxes and National Insurance contributions

Letters from schools, colleges, universities or other public or private establishments confirming that you were enrolled on a course of study or vocational training and the dates you attended

Now Problem I am a house wife and we also do not claim any benefit what else could be proof of "Continuous Residence"?

3- Full birth certificate

While filing form I did a mistake that I never had any other name although my name has been changed since I get married as I now my husband's name as my surname instead of my father's name. Home office pointed out that my name on Marriage certificate is different than my name on the application. Although I will struggle to get my DOB certificate as I need to contact back in my country and its hard to get back to about 37 years old DOB because we never had one. Anyway this one I will be able to reproduce some how, if you have any other suggestion please do let me know?

My Final question is I have sent an email back to case worker on his given email address "nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk" but I did not get auto acknowledgment is it normal?

Thanks in advance for reading this long email and and advising.

Regards

kartisar
India

Re: Home Office Query

Post by kartisar » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:27 pm

experts will reply but do u think council tax for period will work?

shahid78

Re: Home Office Query

Post by shahid78 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:29 pm

I do not know to be honest but I have below documents:

1- Council Tax Bill/Letter for few years
2- Doctors Letters
3. NI appointment letter
4. NI Issuance Letter
5. Thames Water bills as a second account holder
6. Bank statement for few years
7. English course letter which was only for 8 weeks

Regards