ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on a long and legal status as a student 10 yrs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jtwungg
Newly Registered

ILR on a long and legal status as a student 10 yrs

Post by jtwungg » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 pm

My case on a long and legal status as a student is on appeal I forwarded it in July 2008 and to date I have not received any replies and I am really worried, my first application was in oct 2007, the first refusal was because of some days they said I was not legally in the country when the passport itself has a visa endorsement covering the said days, actually I was at Uni on the said days. I did appeal myself attaching the pasports and the copies of pages which shows I was in the country legally. Because of the credit crunch I may lose my job soon and do not have a passport to look for another job. I have contacted my MP and they wrote saying I should just wait, any advice on what I can do.......thank you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:09 am

What status do you have at this time?
You have said you are working, is that with a WP?
Or is it on the back of your student visa / ILR application?

If you have appealed to the AIT then it is a case of waiting for your appeal to be heard. You could contact then to see if there is any chance of an earlier hearing date. Unlikely but worth the cost of a phone call.

jtwungg
Newly Registered

mole

Post by jtwungg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 am

I am working on the back of my student visa, I thought the case was straight forward but its proving otherwise

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:42 am

Are you allowed to work while waiting for the appeal? This can hardly be called holidays or "waiting for results".

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Yip,
Allowed to work full time as it is not a study period. Strange but true.
Appeal invokes 3(c) which allows existing leave to continue until the appeal is heard. This assumes application now under appeal was done in time before existing leave expired.