ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - English and LIUK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Being present in the UK when applying

Post by MarkCa » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Hi,

I am traveling for a month and during that time I will become eligible to apply for British Citizenship (12 months after ILR issue date).

I am aware of 5 year rule presence requirement (I was in the UK on required date in 2018 so that will not be the issue).

However, what I am not sure about is can I apply for British Citizenship while being abroad?

I will obviously be back to the UK to give biometrics, so this is just about making online application and paying the fee while being abroad.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Being present in the UK when applying

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:26 pm

However, what I am not sure about is can I apply for British Citizenship while being abroad?
Apply once you have returned so that your absence declarations in the form are accurate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Re: Being present in the UK when applying

Post by MarkCa » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:37 pm

That makes sense, I forgot about that part.

Thanks!

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Naturalisation - English and LIUK

Post by MarkCa » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 pm

Hello,

I am soon going to apply to become British.

I have ILR and I studied in the UK (received first graduate entrepreneur visa, then entrepreneur and then ILR).

Do I have to provide:

1. Life in the UK test result (considering that I already provided it when applying for ILR)?

2. Knowledge of English / diploma (considering that I already had a number of visas based on my studies)?

Should I write that I already fulfilled both criteria when applying for ILR or should I send documents anyway?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - English and LIUK

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:50 am

MarkCa wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 pm
Hello,

I am soon going to apply to become British.

I have ILR and I studied in the UK (received first graduate entrepreneur visa, then entrepreneur and then ILR).

Do I have to provide:

1. Life in the UK test result (considering that I already provided it when applying for ILR)?

2. Knowledge of English / diploma (considering that I already had a number of visas based on my studies)?

Should I write that I already fulfilled both criteria when applying for ILR or should I send documents anyway?

Thanks
Provide both. You have them already anyway.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:04 pm

Hi,

It turns out that I do not have my diploma (neither printed nor scanned version) so I cannot provide it as part of the application. I have submitted the application and will provide biometrics in 3 days.

I do have endorsement letter I received from my UK university (I completed masters degree here) that I used to apply for tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa.

My path in the UK was

1. Studied here on tier 4 visa
2. Was endorsed for tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
3. Switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur
4. Received ILR

I never had to show proof of English language in my visas since it was always clear that language requirement has been fulfilled.

Now, after submitting my application, my mandatory document list states:

The official transcript or letter for Mr XXXXX YYYYY to prove the level of English language required

Question:

Should I worry about this? If I write a note and send all my previous BRP cards and endorsement letter I used for tier 1 graduate entrepreneur visa, would that be ok? (I am aware that it mentions letter in requirement list, but I am not sure if that is endorsement letter or some other letter).

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:07 pm

You need the degree/transcript or you need to do the B1 English test. Unlikely the endorsement letter will be sufficient.

What did you submit for ILR to meet the English requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:32 pm

Nothing, it was considered as already proven in previous applications. Would it not be the case here?

Endorsement letter clearly states that I graduated at this university and states this under my Masters Programme:

Qualification Level: QCF / NQF level 7

Date Qualification Awarded: 28/07/2017

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:43 pm

I have just checked my ILR application.

I chose the same option as here, that I have diploma. Required document was same as here. Wording in required documents list was exactly the same as it is now, word for word.

I sent a note document covering a number of various things in my application, since I had Tier 1 accelerated with 10 employees and there were many clarifications in general. Among them, this is copy paste of my note:

Note regarding language knowledge requirement
I didn’t find an option in the application to choose that I previously scored points for knowledge of English language. I graduated at XXXX (I had tier 4 visa) and then I was awarded points for language knowledge in my applications for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (where I was also endorsed by XXXX) and current Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

That was all I sent, and it was fine. Is naturalisation decided by UKVI, just like ILR? I had 3 successful applications already and each of them required english language :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:56 pm

Important to remember that naturalisation is not an immigration application. Citizenship has its own laws and requirements under the national laws.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:10 pm

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:10 am

Is consent form required for naturalisation?

I do not have it in my mandatory list, nor do I have link to download it when I log in to my application. I only have referee documents and mandatory documents checklist.

Should I fill this consent form?

Bellow is the original link from gov.uk so I hope this doesn't break the rules.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Thanks!