ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application- New born child of Non-EU parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Burti16
Newly Registered
Ireland

Passport application- New born child of Non-EU parents

Post by Burti16 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Hi All
Our baby was born Ireland recently and we're both non-EU nationals.From eligibility perspective I don't see any risk as we've been living in Ireland for the last 4.5 years continuously.
My question is about timeline. According to online tracker our passport should've been issued 6 January but the status is showing "Your application is being processed" as of 7 January. The documents were received by the office on 3rd December and verified on 12 December.
From your experience how long this case would take?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Passport application- New born child of Non-EU parents

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:10 pm

see general timeline thread - ireland/first-time-passport-application-timelines-2022
but it's mostly adult applications there, I assume yours will take longer due to the situation which is a bit more unusual that what Passport Office is used to, plus Christmas holidays/etc.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:15 pm

The timeline they use is an average of all first time applications, so naturally if an application requires extra checks (in your case they need to check and verify that you have lived in Ireland for more than 3 years with eligible residence permissions), it will take longer.

As long as you have submitted everything, there isn’t much you need to worry about (or you can do anyway). It shouldn’t take more than an extra week or two usually.

XiMi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by XiMi » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:15 am

Similar Problem I have Faced one Year ago. but after about 12 Days from the expiry of the tracker target they issued first passport of my new born baby. I hope this helps.

Burti16 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:37 pm
Hi All
Our baby was born Ireland recently and we're both non-EU nationals.From eligibility perspective I don't see any risk as we've been living in Ireland for the last 4.5 years continuously.
My question is about timeline. According to online tracker our passport should've been issued 6 January but the status is showing "Your application is being processed" as of 7 January. The documents were received by the office on 3rd December and verified on 12 December.
From your experience how long this case would take?

Qasir_tayyab
Pakistan

Post by Qasir_tayyab » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:04 pm

It takes 8 weeke mine baby got after 8 weeks.

Burti16
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Burti16 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:50 am

Thanks all. The application status just updated as "Printing". I assume non-EU parent - first time applications take +4/5 days compare to standard ones.