ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Naturalisation application, scan all old passports, previous overstay, good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juttdon
Newly Registered

UK Naturalisation application, scan all old passports, previous overstay, good character

Post by juttdon » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:32 pm

HI All,
I'm filling the citizenship application and i need help with few questions,
1# i have left uk in 2012 after overstay it is more then 10 years ago. do i have to mention it anywhere as
there is no space for that in online form.
2# Do i need to scan all my old passports (6 of them covering 35 years span) or most recent 2passports are
enough covering last 10 years ?
3# There is question about previous applications, do i have to mention all of them even if they are for visit
visa?
4# In 2020 i have made application to change my EEA permanent residence card to new EUSS settled status
card, do i need to mention that? as fingerprints were taken for that as well,

Thanks in Advance

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Naturalisation application, scan all old passports, previous overstay, good character

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:40 pm

juttdon wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:32 pm
HI All,
1# i have left uk in 2012 after overstay it is more then 10 years ago. do i have to mention it anywhere as
there is no space for that in online form.If it's over 10 years, then even if you mention it, it should have no effect on your application.
2# Do i need to scan all my old passports (6 of them covering 35 years span) or most recent 2passports are
enough covering last 10 years ? Not all, just the passports that has the path to citizenship. You might have been on the 10 years route, or 5 years route.
3# There is question about previous applications, do i have to mention all of them even if they are for visit
visa? It asks about previous immigration visa applications, not non-immigrant visa (visitors) applications.
4# In 2020 i have made application to change my EEA permanent residence card to new EUSS settled status
card, do i need to mention that? as fingerprints were taken for that as well, Yes

Thanks in Advance
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

juttdon
Newly Registered

Re: UK Naturalisation application, scan all old passports, previous overstay, good character

Post by juttdon » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:52 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:40 pm
juttdon wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:32 pm
HI All,
there is no space for that in online form.If it's over 10 years, then even if you mention it, it should have no effect on your application.
enough covering last 10 years ? Not all, just the passports that has the path to citizenship. You might have been on the 10 years route, or 5 years route.
visa? It asks about previous immigration visa applications, not non-immigrant visa (visitors) applications.
card, do i need to mention that? as fingerprints were taken for that as well, Yes

Thanks in Advance
Thanks for Quick reply, so is it better to mention that overstay in a cover letter or shall i just leave it and dont mention it as you said it wont have any effect on the application, which option will be better?
if i dont mention it will it have any effect on my application as i will be hiding something. thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Just mention it and leave it at that.