ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint bank account for maintenance funds? Need help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LSE_ABD
Newly Registered

Joint bank account for maintenance funds? Need help!

Post by LSE_ABD » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:09 pm

I royally messed up by not having 800 pounds in my bank account. Upon hearing that I could submit bank statements/letter from bank from a joint account I'm considering going down this route.

However I have a question that I'm having a hard time finding the answer to. If anybody knows from experience please tell me as I'm desperate.

Here is the scenario: my boyfriend will have had 800 pounds in his account as of Jan 10th. If I get my name onto his account asap and ask for a official letter from the bank in January, will this suffice? Will the fact that I was not named under his account for 3 months, and only 1 month be known? I discussed this with my immigration adviser and he mentioned that there could be a possible loop hole by the way that the requirement is stated...

"If the applicant wishes to rely on a joint 100. account as evidence of available funds, he/she must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual."

There is nothing in there that states that my name would have had to be under the joint account for 3 months.

Will this work? I really don't want to wait until March and show that I have 2,800 pounds instead. This is really upsetting me. Please help!

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Curious

Post by slugmeister » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Yes, I'm curious to know the answer to this as well.

delphine
Newly Registered

Post by delphine » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:58 am

I am curious as well so if anyone has any inkling at all please let us know. I am currently planning to submit my passbook from my bank account back home as maintenance evidence, but I feel less safe submitting evidence from overseas than I do submitting evidence from a local bank, and this would all be much easier if I could get my name on my girlfriend's account and just use that instead.

Thanks!

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Post by elfgirl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:06 pm

I am hoping to submit my documentation with joint account information this week. Has anyone else done this?

email257525
BANNED

assistance

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Dear,

I you read the PSW guidence notes, It does not say any where that any one name supposed to be there since three months Clearly.

In my understanding, this could be a lope hole that you add your name there and then get Bank letter from that account. Home office will not know about this Unless they contact the bank and check it that you hald that joint account since three months.

You may use the bank system this way but I will like to make you aware that if Home office finds out then you might be banned from UK for 10 year.

But in my opinion you should take a chance, Home office is also robbing people with both hands....

Good Luck

LSE_ABD
Newly Registered

Post by LSE_ABD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:26 pm

I should be receiving my passport/application soon. The UK border agency website has indicated that they have processed applications that were submitted before February 2nd. I'll keep you all updated if the joint bank account worked.

LSE_ABD
Newly Registered

Post by LSE_ABD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:08 pm

News just in! I was successful with my post work visa application by using the joint account even though I was only on the account for 1 month!!
Anybody who was in the same situation as I was I highly suggest getting your name put on your girlfriend/boyfriend's bank account if they have the correct amount of money for the maintenance requirement.
What a relief, I can finally go on with my life.

heer
Newly Registered

Post by heer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:45 pm

LSE_ABD wrote:News just in! I was successful with my post work visa application by using the joint account even though I was only on the account for 1 month!!
Anybody who was in the same situation as I was I highly suggest getting your name put on your girlfriend/boyfriend's bank account if they have the correct amount of money for the maintenance requirement.
hey mate congrates...can i ask u when did u applied ur visa? i am also waiting for my passport..i have applied on 28th of jan...

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Post by elfgirl » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Just wanted to report that mine was approved as well with the same situation.
My application was posted on Jan 13th. It was approved on Feb 11th and I rec'd the visa on Feb 18th.

LSE_ABD
Newly Registered

Post by LSE_ABD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 pm

heer wrote:
LSE_ABD wrote:News just in! I was successful with my post work visa application by using the joint account even though I was only on the account for 1 month!!
hey mate congrates...can i ask u when did u applied ur visa? i am also waiting for my passport..i have applied on 28th of jan...

I sent my application on the same day as you, Jan 28th. I received my application on the 27th of Feb. Way stoked.