ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU treaty renewal/eu citizen on sick leave

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AnouckFarrell
Newly Registered

EU treaty renewal/eu citizen on sick leave

Post by AnouckFarrell » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:52 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone here knows...
My husband has had his 5 year eu treaty stamp, which is going to expire in June 2023.
He can now apply for permanent recidense (10yr), however I wonder if my situation is going to give any hassle in doing so.
I'm an EU citizen, employed, however due to complications after a surgery in July 2022 am currently on sick leave and in receipt of illness benefit.
Do we just explain this? Or is this going to be an issue?

Any advise would be appreciated.

griffith2
Ireland

Re: EU treaty renewal/eu citizen on sick leave

Post by griffith2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:21 pm

I got my ten years Eu3 last year.
Yes you will have to provide eu citizens employment history for past 5 years.
To be sure you can download form EU3 and read the documents checklists yourself.

At the time of application yes you will have to provide eu citizens current activity in the state.

A friend of mine was given only 1 year temporary visa as the eu citizen was on illness benefit and the department continued to give him temporary stamps until the eu citizen started working as they consider benefits as burden on the state.

I hope above helps.