ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Maintence funds being in savings account

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cooper444
Newly Registered

Question about Maintence funds being in savings account

Post by Cooper444 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 am

Hi, I'm asking this question on behalf on my girlfriend from Taiwan. She is currently on an IGS Visa and is about to apply to transition to the PSW Visa. We know that she needs to have had at least £800 at all times in her account for the last three months. In her english current account she has dropped to about £600 at times but she has much more money in her accounts in Taiwan. Her mother can get a statement from her savings account saying she has about £8000 in it which much more than needed but the letter only says a one of amount of money, it doesn't say it's been in there for more than three months although it has been in there for longer than 3 months. Her mother can't get her statements from her Taiwanese current account which also has money in, as they will only give them to my girlfriend in person.

My questions is will they accept her english statements saying she has not dropped below about £600 and also the non dated letter from savings account with £8000, she could also attach her english wage slips for last three months.

The other option is her going home and applying from Taiwan as she has more than the £2800 needed to apply from outside the UK.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:02 pm

It's a tickbox for the caseworker on PWS as a PBS style visa. Ask urself the question as if u had to tick yes or no - does the evidence show £800 at all times over three months latest not over a month old? As a humble caseworker straight off the dole queue would you tick it or not?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Cooper444
Newly Registered

Post by Cooper444 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Well that was my thinking too, I think she will have to go back to Taiwan to get her proper statements and apply from there.

Thanks