ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

British Citizenship

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 pm

sathyauk wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:25 pm
Is such a letter really needed when both parents are applying at the same time? If yes, is there a template for such letter? - Once you filled your applications, HO will provide you the referee and consent form to download
Dear moderates hope you okay
My question is regarding naturalisation
I received my ilr on 26th january 2022 last year
So when am i eligible to apply for my naturalization please advice
Can i apply on the 26th this month on this coming Thursday which is 26th, a year exact or do i apply after 26 please help as its urgent am ready with my application but dunno if we should submit on 26th Thursday or no , please help awaiting your kind response soon

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:51 pm

Royal_desire wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 pm
sathyauk wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:25 pm
Is such a letter really needed when both parents are applying at the same time? If yes, is there a template for such letter? - Once you filled your applications, HO will provide you the referee and consent form to download
Dear moderates hope you okay
My question is regarding naturalisation
I received my ilr on 26th january 2022 last year
So when am i eligible to apply for my naturalization please advice
Can i apply on the 26th this month on this coming Thursday which is 26th, a year exact or do i apply after 26 please help as its urgent am ready with my application but dunno if we should submit on 26th Thursday or no , please help awaiting your kind response soon
Eligible on the day however if you Have waited a year a day or 2 more to cover all bases shouldn't be an hassle for you.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:51 am

Noted sir
Sir wanted to ask that the 450 days abcenses and 90 days in the last 12 month rule do we have to write a special chart or paper and out as supporting documents ,or passport scanning and the AN form where we put all the absences its enough for ho to see absences ? please advice sir as we did the form already documents are remaining to scan so just wanted to ask if we should add or no
Do we add absences on a paper and explain them ?

And last question sir we put 2 referess in which one of them had an emergency had a flyt yesterday itself sir
We had to sign him on the paper today but now what to do we do sir am really really no words how do we make it sign we cant even cancel as application submitted please help please on what to do please awaiting your kind reply

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:31 am

Royal_desire wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:51 am
Noted sir
Sir wanted to ask that the 450 days abcenses and 90 days in the last 12 month rule do we have to write a special chart or paper and out as supporting documents ,or passport scanning and the AN form where we put all the absences its enough for ho to see absences ? please advice sir as we did the form already documents are remaining to scan so just wanted to ask if we should add or no
Do we add absences on a paper and explain them ? You do not need to explain or document absences.

And last question sir we put 2 referess in which one of them had an emergency had a flyt yesterday itself sir
We had to sign him on the paper today but now what to do we do sir am really really no words how do we make it sign we cant even cancel as application submitted please help please on what to do please awaiting your kind reply Can you not ask someone else to sign the referee declaration?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:43 am

Are you allowed to let anybody else sign paper if so who can i tell ? As i have mentioned his name on the application please advice sir

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:24 pm

Please reply sir ??

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:16 pm

Suggest you find someone else who qualifies as a referee and then upload that form with a covering note explaining that the intended referee was not available and you had to find someone at short notice.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:00 pm

Dear moderates
Hope you okay
Wanted to ask after you get your citizenship letter
Can we fast track get ceremony appointment and how do we get it please advice ?

And i have indian passport as we not allowed dual citizenship, so do we go ceremony first then straight away apply british passports , get the british then after surrender indian or how does it work please advice sir will really appreciate you response please

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:10 pm

Royal_desire wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:00 pm
Can we fast track get ceremony appointment and how do we get it please advice ?
You need to contact your council when they get your certificate from HO to see if they're offering private ceremonies, which are usually available earlier, but come with a price.
Royal_desire wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:00 pm
And i have indian passport as we not allowed dual citizenship, so do we go ceremony first then straight away apply british passports , get the british then after surrender indian or how does it work
Seems like it, going from the embassy website:
https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/surre ... -passport/
There is a grace period of three months after acquisition of foreign nationality (to be counted from the date of registration / Naturalisation Certificate and not from the date of foreign passport) for using Indian passport for travel. But the grace period is not applicable once the British/Foreign Passport is acquired, he/she should travel only on the British/Foreign passport once the same is obtained even if he/she is within the grace period of three months.
But I'm unsure, that's more of a question for "other countries" subforum.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:47 am

Thanks sir
So basically indian passport can be held til you achieve you british passport ? then you can surrender
But on website it says that youl have to surrender first before you apply because youl need the surrender certificate for British Passport, really confused on three month etc message

Duno if we should surrender or keep it til we achive british hope other moderates can help on this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:05 am

Royal_desire wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:47 am
Thanks sir
So basically indian passport can be held til you achieve you british passport ? then you can surrender
But on website it says that youl have to surrender first before you apply because youl need the surrender certificate for British Passport, really confused on three month etc message

Duno if we should surrender or keep it til we achive british hope other moderates can help on this
Can you please ask your Indian passport surrender questions in the other countries sub forum. These questions are not relevant to the British citizenship sub forum.

other-countries/

Note your surrender certificate is NOT required for a British passport. The uk allows you to hold multiple nationalities. It is India that does not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:28 am

Dear moderates
Hope you okay

Wanted to ask as am applying for my wife naturalisation application on friday

Please advice on what documents do i need to put
Bank statement joint council tax joint electricity united utilities etc

As shes not working anymore do i need to add any business or any payslip previous for her ? Please advice on which are mandatory documents itl be really appreciated please on which documents i should sumbit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:55 am

Have you attended your ceremony already?

When did your wife get ILR?
Bank statement joint council tax joint electricity united utilities etc

As shes not working anymore do i need to add any business or any payslip previous for her ?
None of this is required.
Please advice on which are mandatory documents itl be really appreciated please on which documents i should sumbit
Exactly the same process you followed. The checklist will tell her what is required. It is minimal documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:18 am

Noted sir
Yes i reciveved my naturalisation and my ceremony is booked for 19th this month really appreciate all your help really couldnt be done without your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:37 am

When did your spouse get ILR, the date???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:37 am
When did your spouse get ILR, the date???
14 april 2022

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:04 pm

Dear moderates
Hope you okay
Am booked for citizenship ceremony on wed so after i get my citizenship certificate can i apply for my british passport same day ? And whats the procedure of indian passport as i have to send my indian passport and a copy of my marriage certificate right ? I dont have original marriage certificate isit okay ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:09 pm

For british passport you do not send you marriage cert. You only send foreign passports that are not cancelled and the naturalisation certificate
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:09 am

Noted sir really appreciate is there any timline of how long it takes for british first passport as apparently on news it said there were on strike please advice sir amd can i pay extra for premium service to get passport early ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:11 am

There is NO fast track service for first adult British passports.

The strikes are it really affecting rhe process. Members report receiving passports within 3 to 4 weeks but it can take up to 10 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:11 am
There is NO fast track service for first adult British passports.

The strikes are it really affecting rhe process. Members report receiving passports within 3 to 4 weeks but it can take up to 10 weeks.
Noted sir hopefully itl come early
So all i need to send is is my my Indian passport original and my birth certificate original right

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:09 pm
For british passport you do not send you marriage cert. You only send foreign passports that are not cancelled and the naturalisation certificate
No, not your birth certificate. Where are getting these ideas from?

Read the passport guidance, it tell you what you need if a naturalised British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:21 pm

Noted sir

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Dear moderates hope you ok
Please advice my wife applied her citizenship in april
Still not here and we planing on to travel to turkey for 1 week are we allowed to travel with her current indian passport and biometric ilr ? will it not have an effect to her citizenship and abcenses etc as in 1 year we allowed
To travel 90 days and shes already been away 82 days before we applied her citizenship anything to do with that ?
Please advise on what to do please itl be reall Appreciated

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:35 pm

Royal_desire wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:27 pm
Dear moderates hope you ok
Please advice my wife applied her citizenship in april
Still not here and we planing on to travel to turkey for 1 week are we allowed to travel with her current indian passport and biometric ilr ? will it not have an effect to her citizenship and abcenses etc as in 1 year we allowed
To travel 90 days and shes already been away 82 days before we applied her citizenship anything to do with that ?
Please advise on what to do please itl be reall Appreciated
There's no issue with travel AFTER application and biometrics - it's not an immigration application and your travels will have no impact on your wife's application currently in progress.