ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

engruit
Newly Registered

Right to work

Post by engruit » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:21 pm

Hi all

I'm due to apply for my ilr , I'm married to a British citizen and work for NHS as a doctor! Im not sure about my right to work while my ilr application being processed. I have asked the HR but they haven't got a clear answer for this.
Can any one advise please? I'm on spousal visa at the moment.

Thanks

Sydney

meself2
Ireland

Re: Right to work

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:38 pm

If you make an immigration application before your previous visa expired and it's still processing after expiry, you're covered under section 3C and can avail of conditions of your last leave.
https://freemovement.org.uk/what-is-sec ... migration/
If a migrant makes a valid application to extend their leave (permission) to be in the UK before it expires, their existing leave will be rolled over until a decision has been made on the application, even if this is after the original expiry date.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Right to work

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:51 am

engruit wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:21 pm
Hi all

I'm due to apply for my ilr , I'm married to a British citizen and work for NHS as a doctor! Im not sure about my right to work while my ilr application being processed. I have asked the HR but they haven't got a clear answer for this.
Can any one advise please? I'm on spousal visa at the moment.

Thanks

Sydney
You continue to have same rights till decision is made on your most recent application.