ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with refund x 2 queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

km0001
Newly Registered
India

Help with refund x 2 queries

Post by km0001 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:20 pm

Hello

I would be grateful if someone could guide me on the following:

1. We had made two applications for ILR (priority route) - one on 26 November 2022 and the other on 27 November 2022. The first one had some issue and therefore we withdrew our first application on 27 November 2022 and thereafter made the second application. Both applications were made with priority route. We have since received our ILR but are awaiting our refund for the first application. Although we had submitted documents on portal for the first application, we did not attend our biometric appointment. As a matter of fact, at the time of dealing with our second application the case worker wrote to us asking for confirmation as to which application we would like to move forward and which application we would like to withdraw. We clarified this to the case worker on the same date and received an approval after 10 working days or so. However, we still await refund for the first application. We have made a complaint but still awaiting our refund. We have not received a response to our complaint. Could any help us with the way forward as it is an exorbitant amount of money that the HO is holding. As a last resort, could we dispute it with our credit card provider?

2. Despite paying for a priority service, we did not receive our approval in 5 working days. This was because the above 'additional information' was sought by the case worker. We made a complaint in December 2022 asking for refund of £1,000 towards the priority service, and have not received any response to date. We have chased on the same email but sadly no response. We would like to at least get a response and bring this issue to a close. Could anyone help us as to what would be the way forward for chasing this if we do not receive a response?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help with refund x 2 queries

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:30 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

km0001
Newly Registered
India

Post by km0001 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm

Hello

Thanks for your prompt response but I am not sure if I follow. Are you trying to suggest that I may not be entitled to refund even if our application was withdrawn and we didn’t submit biometrics for this application?

km0001
Newly Registered
India

Post by km0001 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:13 am

Any help on both points would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:15 am

km0001 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm
Hello

Thanks for your prompt response but I am not sure if I follow. Are you trying to suggest that I may not be entitled to refund even if our application was withdrawn and we didn’t submit biometrics for this application?
Refer to the links provided :!:
The guide tells you exactly about the process. It seems you should be able to request a refund.
You do NOT get a priority refund when an additional document is requested.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

km0001
Newly Registered
India

Post by km0001 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:06 am

Thank you - we haven’t been issued a refund despite making a complaint. The application was withdrawn on 27 November 2022. Can we consider disputing with credit card service provider?

km0001
Newly Registered
India

Post by km0001 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:09 pm

Or we will be required to send a pre-action letter to elicit a response?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:40 pm

km0001 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:06 am
Thank you - we haven’t been issued a refund despite making a complaint. The application was withdrawn on 27 November 2022. Can we consider disputing with credit card service provider?
This is up to you. I can only point you to the official guides on the matter. This is not an immigration matter. Filing a PAP will probably be more expensive than the refund you are owed