ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK skilled worker visa - Earliest you can apply for an extension?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nahtehcerehs
Newly Registered

UK skilled worker visa - Earliest you can apply for an extension?

Post by nahtehcerehs » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:23 pm

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

I'm currently on a skilled worked visa which is due to expire on the 26th of August this year, my initial plan was to extend it sometime in June. However, if I am to apply for an extension earlier I will be benefitted financially as my current boss has offered to pay for the visa. He will be leaving his position and moving to a new role by early May.

I did some research on how early I can apply for an extension, GOV.UK>Skilled Worker Visa>Extend your visa does not talk about this in detail. But as per this article, I found online Third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator "The earliest date you can apply to extend your Skilled Worker visa is 60 days before your current visa’s expiry date".[/url]

Please can you let me know your view on how early I can apply for a skilled worker visa extension.

Many thanks.