ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in the UK for a Danish company

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scl83
Newly Registered

Working in the UK for a Danish company

Post by scl83 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:44 am

Hello all,

Been a while since I posted here!

Does anyone know the process involved for working for a Danish company, but living the UK?

Let me expain:
I moved to Denmark to work for a robot company. My main market is the UK.

After some discussions with my boss, it is popssible for me to move back and continue the job from there. One condition, I have to work out the process! Yikes!

I am British so thats the easy part. However, I am not sure the process from an immigration point of view.

- Would I still be employed by them? Do I pay the Danish taxes instead of the UK taxes?
or
- Do I have to quit and then get hired as a contractor?
or
- Do I need them to setup a small business here for tax reasons, then that new business hires me?

Its amazing that something so simple, has me completely bewildered! I have no knowledge of this and any pointers would be amazing. I am also searching for information elsewhere, but I love these forums as you have direct information from a great wealth of knowledge.

Thanks all