ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahman0007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Letter of employment hibeve

Post by Shahman0007 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:43 pm

Hi everyone, I requested a letter of employment today and got told that they don't issue letter of employment anymore, this company has previously made 2 for me to provide for my wife's case , this company is big supermarket and I can't believe for a second that they would stop providing a letter of employment for immigration purposes , my questions are that I will speak to the manager direct and emphasize that this a legal requirement from me to present in a immigration case and they have previously done it twice , is this a official company policy and would the company willing to write this down they will not provide a letter of employment for staff so that I can send it to o home office, my colleague told me that 'paylsips,p60 and my contract ' should be sufficient and the funny this is when I asked to see my contract they couldn't even find it? I spoke to my solicitor for the case and he said he cannot believe that a company this big with so many different nationalities of staff has stopped doing letter of employment and to ask again . What to do it they insist that they can't/won't? I been there 15 years permanent contract hourly paid

Selina001
United Kingdom

Re: Letter of employment hibeve

Post by Selina001 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:30 pm

What type of visa are you applying for?
If it is the Spouse visa then the employment verification letter is compulsory.
They have no reason not to provide you with such letter, unless they have something to hide.

Seems a bit strange to me as they have done it twice before for you.

Contract, P60, payslips alone are not sufficient. You need the letter from your employer. Simple.

Shahman0007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shahman0007 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:15 pm

Indefinite leave for spouse , I could not believe it my self when my colleague told me that the manager told her to tell me that they don't do this sort of thing anymore , talking a a friend he told me the reason she said p60,wage slip and contract is something you would use to get mortgage but I don't know about that.
I emphasized that this is a legal requirement from myself to present in my case but got told I now have to wait for the manager to come back to see her I did threaten to go to head office as I can't believe that a company this big with loads of different nationalities would not do a letter like this impossible, my solicitor couldn't believe also but what more can I do if they say no on a store level, head office is not accessible by normal staff either by email or phone , I was thinking of talking to union about this issue , i remember the first time I asked 5 years ago the manager at that time didn't even know what a letter of employment was the manager had never done one however she called another store who advised how to make one and eventually she did ,I can understand that she didn't know however this new one said they don't do it

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:25 am

For the purpose described above, what you need is letter from employer [though used interchangeably as employment/employer letter]

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice