ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notify UKVI of change in T2 employer?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scruffykeith
Newly Registered
Canada

Notify UKVI of change in T2 employer?

Post by scruffykeith » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:53 am

Hi all,

I've been trying to find more info online but am having no luck;

I'm changing my current skilled worker visa to be employed under a new skilled worker sponsorship/ employer, and understand I need to notify the home office of this change 10 days prior to leaving my initial sponsor

My question is, how do I notify UKVI appropriately? My current employer doesn't see anywhere to do this in the SMS... is there a particular email address I should notify or a number to call? My employer and I are at a loss here, any help would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Notify UKVI of change in T2 employer?

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:02 am

I'm changing my current skilled worker visa to be employed under a new skilled worker sponsorship/ employer, and understand I need to notify the home office of this change 10 days prior to leaving my initial sponsor
There is nothing that you have to do. It is your employer that has to notify UKVI that you have ceased employment within 10 days AFTER your have left. The employer does this through the SMS system. It is not the visa holders responsibility to notify UKVI.
My question is, how do I notify UKVI appropriately? My current employer doesn't see anywhere to do this in the SMS... is there a particular email address I should notify or a number to call? My employer and I are at a loss here, any help would be much appreciated.
It is done on the SMS through 'change of migrant' or similar option under the Sponsor management tab. They should read the sponsor guidance. It is THEIR responsibility.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:28 am

It is found under Sponsorship Duties, then Report Migrant Activity.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am

You must update your leave before starting work for a new employer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.